• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Duuuudddde...the colors!
20220805_113349.jpg
20220805_113358.jpg
20220805_113407.jpg
20220805_113415.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Why are there no SkiTalk stickers on that helmet?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I actually like the front view as is - kind of A Gort thing, don'cha know!

Adding a bevor doesn't change the helmet.

1659911709925.png

and plenty are available, frex:

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Is a house "gear"?

After a year of searching, we finally got an offer accepted on a home that should serve us for a long, long while. Neighborhood in NW Denver we wanted-- easy to get to the mountains, wife's occassional boulder commute. (I'm full WFH / WFVan snow-related world now). Easy access to parks, schools, and our favorite haunts -- 5min on bike or 15 on foot to Tennyson street core. Garage for working on bikes, Miata and skis. And critically -- space for guests. We love showing people our town and state...but in our current <1000' house, that meant moving my office into the living room for the time they were here and all sharing a bathroom.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
...cellar?
Finished basement. But plenty of space for a full size Eurocave or two. Wife's office is the obvious place to put the wine room but she "doesn't want it in camera for zoom calls".

I've called dibs on the main floor office with rafters for hanging skis and french doors to the backyard.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bode's explanation of his design philosophy, he prefers to adust the turn shape, not by sidecut, but by flex, and this is where Peak's Keyhole Technology comes into play, allowing torsional flex without compromising edge control. On harder snow, the keyhole can torsionally bend into a turn nicely and the longer radius keeps the ski going where you want it to go in deeper snow.

expect some Cage Matches in the Fall too.

I don't get the underlined statement above. How does a ski torsionally bend into a turn? Seems to me like torsional bending makes a ski "unturn". Did you mean longitudinally bend into a turn and the keyhole keeps it from being too reactive? Bode seems to say the ski edges and skis from the middle back, since the tips are soft in torsional stiffness from the keyhole feature. I have a first gen Liberty Origin 96 with huge tip and tail rocker, and the ski edges from the middle only, the middle is very stiff torsionally and longitudinally. On edge it feels a lot shorter than its 187cm length. It is my favorite tree ski because it pivots so easily.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Is a house "gear"?

After a year of searching, we finally got an offer accepted on a home that should serve us for a long, long while. Neighborhood in NW Denver we wanted-- easy to get to the mountains, wife's occassional boulder commute. (I'm full WFH / WFVan snow-related world now). Easy access to parks, schools, and our favorite haunts -- 5min on bike or 15 on foot to Tennyson street core. Garage for working on bikes, Miata and skis. And critically -- space for guests. We love showing people our town and state...but in our current <1000' house, that meant moving my office into the living room for the time they were here and all sharing a bathroom.
Congratulations on the new home, it sounds like a great place. The real estate market has been difficult but it is starting to settle down in many locations.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Finished basement. But plenty of space for a full size Eurocave or two. Wife's office is the obvious place to put the wine room but she "doesn't want it in camera for zoom calls".

I've called dibs on the main floor office with rafters for hanging skis and french doors to the backyard.
I was given only the ground floor/garage, gf grabbed the 2 other floors... but now apparantly the fasade is hers as well ( I wanted to move garage doors 2 feet out for more space)

Sponsor