• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Wanted to try the new Rossignol Sender Free 110 ski to compare to my Faction CT 3.0 but didn’t think I’d be able to get “Spring Deals” on a 23/24 ski till next March. My Corbett’s contact said when I inquired about them that “for you, everything is always on sale!” And yes they were!!
Got great prices on the skis, insane prices on the Attack 17, 2 pairs of free binding install coupons for next Fall, Free Corbetts toque, Full Tilt hoodie and a couple pairs of ski straps thrown in too.

IMG_2779.jpeg

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ nice score, the topsheets look great too !
The blue Attacks are very vibrant, will make a great combo :thumb:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Idk why but I love looking at new skis and bindings etc in the packaging before they are mounted or used I have a new set of planks in the wrapper and bindings in the box that drool over almost daily waiting for the season
I don't think you are alone with this in the community.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Idk why but I love looking at new skis and bindings etc in the packaging before they are mounted or used I have a new set of planks in the wrapper and bindings in the box that drool over almost daily waiting for the season
That’s so weird!
I only brought out 4 pairs of skis to compare to the new ones, measuring and flexing each of them and have only tried on my ski boots with new Booster straps about 4 times after the season ended while wearing shorts…………..:roflmao:

Put the other skis away but still have the new ones out to the side of my stereo room for “easy flex comparisons” in case it changes day to day…..

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wanted to try the new Rossignol Sender Free 110 ski to compare to my Faction CT 3.0 but didn’t think I’d be able to get “Spring Deals” on a 23/24 ski till next March. My Corbett’s contact said when I inquired about them that “for you, everything is always on sale!” And yes they were!!
Got great prices on the skis, insane prices on the Attack 17, 2 pairs of free binding install coupons for next Fall, Free Corbetts toque, Full Tilt hoodie and a couple pairs of ski straps thrown in too.

View attachment 205317
2 coupons for free binding mounts. I see what they did there lol. So what 2 skis you getting next year?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
2 coupons for free binding mounts. I see what they did there lol. So what 2 skis you getting next year?
:huh:
Didn’t even NEED the Senders so who knows! Haha
They always give free installs when you buy both the skis AND bindings there so I have one extra free install in case I move to one of my backup pairs this year or next.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yea that angle makes it look centered. Opted for a -9ish from center mount
Was going to ask where you ended up mounting them as the mount points are so far back on the Dictator/Dancers. So you’re a bit forward of the “Newschool” then?
Bet my Carving skis have a mount forward of the “Progressive” on those!

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Was going to ask where you ended up mounting them as the mount points are so far back on the Dictator/Dancers. So you’re a bit forward of the “Newschool” then?
Bet my Carving skis have a mount forward of the “Progressive” on those!
Based off of blisters 188 specs, the classic is at -11.3, I went +2 after experimenting with +1.5. Puts in around the same spot as my d2 183. That being said, I'm still in the look out for a ct3 190.... just saying

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Blister has the -11.3 back on the Dictator and -11 back on the “progressive” for the 183cm Dancer 3.0 but if you’ve already used demo bindings on them and found a spot you liked, that’s what matters! Looks like it’s close to Newschool on your pic.

Think regardless of what I think of the 184cm Sender Free 110, I’m keeping the 190cm CT 3.0 as it’s definitely a big step up from the 184cm CT 3.0 and I bet a touch “more ski” than the 191cm Sender Free 110.
Honestly for someone your size, I bet the 191cm Sender Free 110 mounted between rec and -2cm would be perfect. More stability than your 184cm CT 3.0 but easier to whip around than the 190cm CT 3.0 in tighter spaces or bumps.

If I was doing a single 110-112mm ski(or was in between sizes, I would go the 191 Sender Free 110 and mount around Rec to -2cm depending on skier size and stance. 200lb plus and not spinning, -2cm to -3cm like the Blackops 118.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought some Rossi Experience 82 ti demos for $294 and they had only been rented once all season. I skied them today and I loooove those skis. I took them through a variety of spring conditions and they excelled everywhere except in deep piles of wet Sierra Cement! Since I didn’t buy them for that, no big deal. Dang these skis are agile! Thanks @Philpug for recommending them for me, earlier in the season. They are exactly what I was looking for!

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just picked up a pair of 2021 Faction CT 1.0 171cm for my son from The House for $200. He was on 155cm junior CTs last season but they were already a little short for him by the time he used them in February (he was on mogul skis exclusively last season other than a couple of trips out west). 171cm feels possibly a little long for him, but I think they should be fine by next season. He’s 12 years old, 5’5” and growing like a weed.

This purchase surprised me for a couple of reasons:

1. I thought the 21 CT 1.0s were long gone. I picked up a pair a year ago and like them, but wasn’t considering them for my son because I didn’t think they still existed at retail.

2. I thought The House went out of business. There’s a bunch of deeply discounted stuff on there, so maybe they’re in the final stages of winding down. I wasn’t expecting it to pop up in a google search.

Last edited: