• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Masters 2019

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
He made it exciting at the end as well by almost Greg Normaning it at the very end.
Norman crashed and burned, Tiger played to win and he did. He knew he had a shot to give and used it.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Norman crashed and burned, Tiger played to win and he did. He knew he had a shot to give and used it.

I don't believe he meant to lay up quite that much on his 2nd shot on 18. That sad, he actually had two shots to give before totally choking ala Norman. Even if he had missed that 2 footer he left for bogey he'd still make a playoff for the win.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tiger is still one of the top iron players in the world. Once his drive landed in the fairway I knew he’d win since he only needed a bogey at 18.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
The 2019 Masters will be among the classic best of th best for that event. Tiger's win following 11 years since his last major and Jack's victory at 46 years old are just amazing. Just 2 years ago, Tiger was quoted at the Champions Dinner that he would never play again, this year is a testament to his mental fortitude. Nice to see his children being able to view the greatness of their father on the golf course. It has been years since we have seen the classic Tiger smile, I always thought he has one of the all-time great smiles. I also liked the early start, not a fan of 7 pm endings.

Truth once again, the Masters does not begin until the back nine on the last day.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
They are saying the most memorable thing about the 2020 Masters was the victory interview with champion Dustin Johnson. He went from emotionless golf robot to blubbering mess. It's kind of nice to see that they're all human. Congrats.

James

Out There
Instructor
So much for the commentators and Bryson DeChambeau. The build up was ridiculous. No one could beat him, he was going to take over the game, the workouts, the thinking, blah blah blah. Even Tiger said he’s never seen such attention since when he was getting it. Total flameout.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
So much for the commentators and Bryson DeChambeau. The build up was ridiculous. No one could beat him, he was going to take over the game, the workouts, the thinking, blah blah blah. Even Tiger said he’s never seen such attention since when he was getting it. Total flameout.

Very true, but I fully expect Bryson to dominate whenever he's got it going straight. Don't doubt that he will go back and continue to modify his approach to reduce the miss and then stomp on the field. Distance will always be king.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bryson seems to hold it together mentally only when its going well. He is re-inventing the game with his length off the tee...but being accurate AND long and weathering the ups and downs of 4 grueling rounds still matters. DJ...starting to do the old DJ thing over the first few holes but kept it together and cruised over the back 9.

James

Out There
Instructor
Last edited:
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
DeChambeau, born 1993, 27yrs: -2
Bernhard Langer, 1957, 63yrs old: -3
You know, I beat it around with a couple of older folks once..they were like steady 5 iron, 9 iron, wedge, putter folks. I tried to use the whole bag but eased up with the driver because I was pulling it a bit at that time. I think I scored an 86 that day?? They both beat me. Play the course with the tools that work and take what it gives you. If you can bump a 3-iron 150 yds on scrub and get it within 10', go for it!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Bryson seems to hold it together mentally only when its going well. He is re-inventing the game with his length off the tee...but being accurate AND long and weathering the ups and downs of 4 grueling rounds still matters. DJ...starting to do the old DJ thing over the first few holes but kept it together and cruised over the back 9.

Bryson has some growing up to do...

Sponsor

Staff online