• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Faction Discussion

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This 21 Faction Candide thread went along without issues for 1.5 years and then the thread title was changed a few days ago. Now we are debating if we need a harem or not in the sound proof dungeon……

Thanks a lot @Philpug! :roflmao::roflmao:

The beauty of SkiTalk forums in the summer. Love this place.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ah, well.... So it's expanded to encompass the whole of poor Faction.

They lost their pro skier, but his ski, and from just one year, has a life of its own:
as if returning from the dead to haunt them, over and over. :facepalm:
(in the background, chants of "C.T., C.T.,C.T, C.T.)

And on another note:

FACTION Candide Thovex 0.5 Kid's All-Mtn Freeride SKIS 125cm LOOK NX10 Bindings

Click to enlarge

Shop with confidence
Seller information

matterhood (11753)
98.9% Positive feedback

FACTION Candide Thovex 0.5 Kid's All-Mtn Freeride SKIS 125cm
LOOK NX10 Bindings :)

Price: US $169.00

Located in: Vail, Colorado, United States
(Just down the road from me)

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The 2021 CTs will be getting more and more legendary in the coming years that's for sure.
Unless Faction decides to replicate the construction 1:1 and give more appealing graphics to the new ski.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Anyone considering a narrow(88mm) all mountain ski that would be an absolute blast in bumps and off piste, there’s an insane deal on Sierra.com for the 22 184cm Prodigy 1.0. $249.99 and free shipping. Made in the Amer(Atomic/Salomon etc) manufacturing plant so they are well built.

More directional sidecut, traditional mount/flex, lower splay twin tail and lighter weight vs the 21 CT. Similar class of skis to the Maverick 88Ti, Stance 90, Peak 88 or Ranger 90. Leave at the classic mount point if you’re more of a traditional skier or up a bit if you want to make them more playful. Price of a used/rock ski for something brand new.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone considering a narrow(88mm) all mountain ski that would be an absolute blast in bumps and off piste, there’s an insane deal on Sierra.com for the 22 184cm Prodigy 1.0. $249.99 and free shipping. Made in the Amer(Atomic/Salomon etc) manufacturing plant so they are well built.

More directional sidecut, traditional mount/flex, lower splay twin tail and lighter weight vs the 21 CT. Similar class of skis to the Maverick 88Ti, Stance 90, Peak 88 or Ranger 90. Leave at the classic mount point if you’re more of a traditional skier or up a bit if you want to make them more playful. Price of a used/rock ski for something brand new.
I repeat, this website should be called “ski enablers”. Luckily there’s no way in hell I could ski a 184cm ski. Although… my husband could… and my as-yet unallocated Pivot 18s just arrived…

Side note, I took his xc skis out by accident once last season. Me trying to herringbone uphill on skis that were at least a foot too long… yeah that was pretty funny. (Husband is 6’4” and I’m 5’2”.)

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Yeah, I can live with the graphics of my CT 1.0s but just because the performance. I tolerate the looks, not like it.
The 3.0 is the best looking from the bunch and even those are a bit meh...
The only real good looking Candides are the ones @chasinghorizons owns-the white ones with Forza 2.0 on them-stunningly looking combo.
That picture of her CT 3.0x with the Forzas should be saved and shown to anyone who wants to know what good taste in terms of gear looks like.

Last edited:
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Surprised at the amount of compliments I get about the graphics/colours on my CT 1.0 but I have the advantage of matching yellow ski pants and yellow poles to go with them!
Get less comments on the red binding/Black CT 2.0 skis but then gets lots again whenever the yellow binding 184cm CT 3.0 or red binding 190cm CT 3.0 are out.
A lot of the CT 3.0 comments come in the lift lines after I am seen skiing FAST and effortlessly through crud. Get the “what are those cool looking skis?” or “D those are sick fucking skis!” from younger set. Haha

Find a lot of the female X versions of their skis have way colours and graphics especially matched with cool bindings.

Sierra now has a couple pairs of 183cm 21 CT 5.0 skis on for $499.99 I see. Had them on about a year or so for $199.99 and would have grabbed a set if they shipped to the US. I’d wait to see if they drop the price more as $499 is just an okay price.
The previous versions were around 2000gr and the 21 versions were in the 2225-2250gr range.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Faction’s 23 line-up videos came out a few days ago.

Mana series(renamed 22 CT 2.0 and 3.0) and new Mana 4.

Prodigy series.

Differences between the Mana and Prodigy series.

Dancer series(renamed Dictator with more sizing options)

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
The red Attacks look good on those skis.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So... who thinks there needs to be a run of Skitalk stickers in '21 CT colours?

Basically

SKI TALK - with yellow, black and blue borders, respectively

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online