• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Faction Discussion

TS
GregK

GregK

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Can anyone compare 182 Dancer 2 vs 182 Solomon Stance 96 (just read Blister's Deep Dive comp) or Armada 180 Declivity 92???
Responded to Jim via DM but reposted here in case anyone has the same question.

The Dictator/Dancer, the Stance 90/96(wider one a bit more substantial) and Declivity 92 Ti are all very similar weight, flex and sidecuts. The Declivity 92Ti is a bit softer tip/tail and then goes firmer underfoot than the Dictator/Dancer which has a bit more uniform flex tip to tail. Stance are similar flex but a touch softer overall.

Turning radius in a slightly tighter on the Declivity 92Ti so might be a bit more engaging at lower speeds and the Stance or Factions having a little more stability.

Honestly would come down to which one I could find for the best deal in your size as they are all good skis!

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I figured I would come check to see if there was any Faction discussion. No over/under on what may or may not be going on? Not even a wild speculative rumor?

I just sold my Dictator 3.0 A Colorado Mountain College student got a great deal and he plans to use it a lot at A Basin and Cooper. Still have my CT 2.0 but may sell after I see how much I love my Switch

TS
GregK

GregK

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I figured I would come check to see if there was any Faction discussion. No over/under on what may or may not be going on? Not even a wild speculative rumor?
You asking about Candide’s new skis? Just starting to be released in Europe and still not sure who actually makes them but he has a 101mm, 111mm and full rocker 121mm models. Very light(1800gr for the 184cm 101mm) and more traditional, softer flex pattern so nothing like the 21 CT line and even lighter than the 22 CT and Mana lines.

The Switch would be similar to the 101mm version with its weight and flex pattern I bet so softer and lighter than any recent CT 2.0.

Blue 101mm, black 111mm and white 121mm I think.

IMG_3327.png

TS
GregK

GregK

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Excellent. Saves me money.
Same! As soon as the the weight(which is even less than the Mana 2 is right now) I thought “no thanks!” Lol

Blackops 98 the closest current replacement to the 21 CT 2.0 and even it’s 250-300gr lighter still. At least it has rubber damping and similar shape though.

TS
GregK

GregK

Making fresh tracks
Skier
By feel the switch is slightly lighter than my CT 2.0 Not necessarily softer. But no I was referring to Faction in general.
Switch about 150gr lighter and should be softer tip/tail and similar underfoot to a 22 CT 2.0/Mana 2. Soothski.com seems to agree as they have measurements of them.

Just a top sheet change year for Faction so nothing new and exciting unfortunately.

TS
GregK

GregK

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Like any normal person in October, I had some skis out and boots on pondering which ones I’ll take on my annual West Coast trip mid February…..:roflmao:

Leaning CT 1.0 and Sender Free unless it’s a bigger snow year than last year in Revelstoke/Kicking Horse/Lake Louise and Sunshine Village.
Very impressed with the super light swing weight yet damp feel on impact of those Sender Free 110 and think they might be cheat code in Revelstoke trees.

Also happy to see the tip splay and rocker on the backup CT 2.0 is larger than the original pair, so along with the increased weight and stiffer flex they should be a more noticeable jump up from the CT 1.0 now.

IMG_3354.jpeg

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Like any Abnormal ski obsessed person in October, I had some skis out and boots on pondering which ones I’ll take on my annual West Coast trip mid February…..:roflmao:
Much better with RED. I wil admit, I do go look at my skis in the basement from time to time just to make sure they are still there. :rolleyes:

TS
GregK

GregK

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A newly mounted 21 CT 1.0 with a fresh tune. 178 cm for my son mounted -2.0 from CT line. I will have to test them too, but my 183's feel perfect for me. Took a shot of my ski weights for Greg.

View attachment 214194 View attachment 214195
I’m sure he’ll love those CT 1.0! Good weight on them too. The 178cm set I got for a buddy were just under 2100gr each.

Your 183cm CT 1.0 at 2100gr are the lightest I’ve ever seen with most being in the 2150-2200gr range. My current ones are 2210gr and my backups are just a hair lighter.

TS
GregK

GregK

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Candide’s new line of skis just dropped and saw they have a decent amount of dealers including EVO going to carry them. Decent shapes but WAY LIGHTER than the 21 CT or comparable Blackops/Sender Free skis. 101 500gr lighter than 21 CT 2.0(200gr lighter than BO 98), 111mm 300gr lighter than 21 CT 3.0 or Sender Free 110 and the 121mm 500gr lighter than the Blackops 118. No thank you……lol

Might be decent for touring skis though I bet.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Candide’s new line of skis just dropped and saw they have a decent amount of dealers including EVO going to carry them. Decent shapes but WAY LIGHTER than the 21 CT or comparable Blackops/Sender Free skis. 101 500gr lighter than 21 CT 2.0(200gr lighter than BO 98), 111mm 300gr lighter than 21 CT 3.0 or Sender Free 110 and the 121mm 500gr lighter than the Blackops 118. No thank you……lol

Read about em on blister. Waaaaay too light IMHO.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
No thank you……lol

I'm interested to hear how they ski. Only because it's Candide tbh. Anyone else and I wouldn't give a rat's ass lol

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Today was on a familiar ski at Keystone, with open run area almost doubled in two days. ( More empty slopes for the morning hours, at least.)

Man, thank you, thank you again, @GregK, for the '21 Faction CT 1.0 183. (First time on it this season - wow again!)

(I want to take out the '21 CT 2.0s later, when more terrain is open, and on soft snow first.) :)

TS
GregK

GregK

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Today was on a familiar ski at Keystone, with open run area almost doubled in two days. ( More empty slopes for the morning hours, at least.)

Man, thank you, thank you again, @GregK, for the '21 Faction CT 1.0 183. (First time on it this season - wow again!)

(I want to take out the '21 CT 2.0s later, when more terrain is open, and on soft snow first.) :)
Was wondering if you got out on the CT 2.0 when I first saw my name mentioned in your post. You should love it too as it’s a bit more stable and a bit better suspension with its extra weight.

Love my CT 1.0 too and always put a smile on my face when I ski them! Anxious to try out my newer set of CT 2.0 too as they feel more substantial than my original set. The original set I got from the Faction rep early Summer of 2020, so might have been a pre-production set.

slemmo

Getting on the lift
Skier
So I have a pair of 2021 CT 5.0s incoming, and I just got these on black friday sale:
1700858593686.png

So what are all you ski geeks opinion on mount point?
I'm an old fat guy that are out for fun, but no switch riding, so thinking something fairly nimble. Not too slow, not too fast. But @anders_nor is constantly pushing me out of my comfort zone, so I need something that makes me perform at a peak level without being a peak skier. Mainly thight woods, no big mountain stuff.

Last edited:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
So I have a pair of 2021 CT 5.0s incoming, and I just got these on black friday sale: View attachment 216420

I'm an old fat guy that are out for fun, but no switch riding, so thinking something fairly nimble. Not too slow, not too fast. But @anders_nor is constantly pushing me out of my comfort zone, so I need something that makes me perform at a peak level without being a peak skier. Mainly thigh woods, no big mountain stuff.
From an old fat guy to another: i played with my demo bindings blind (with demo bindings) and when I found my preferred position it was exactly on the CT mark.

Now, those are the 2021 1.0. Forward from his mark I would lose the tails. Backward, I would feel like it was too much of a charger anc coul lock me into a turn.

Overall, I think Candide spent real time on these and chose both the design and the mounting points to his taste.

Hope this helps:)

TS
GregK

GregK

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I have a pair of 2021 CT 5.0s incoming, and I just got these on black friday sale: View attachment 216420

I'm an old fat guy that are out for fun, but no switch riding, so thinking something fairly nimble. Not too slow, not too fast. But @anders_nor is constantly pushing me out of my comfort zone, so I need something that makes me perform at a peak level without being a peak skier. Mainly thight woods, no big mountain stuff.
-1.5cm back from CT line would be a good mix of float and playful on that ski. The CT 5.0 mount point is more centered than the CT 3.0 so I’d back a bit from the CT mark on that ski unless you are switch skiing.

Sponsor

Staff online