• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Faction Discussion

False_Anomaly

Booting up
Skier
IMG_20221128_234337.jpg

Was suddenly interested in how much Titanal did Faction put into the CT 1.0 and 2.0s, so I did a comparison with a Fischer 86GT which uses 0.8mm. Expected 0.5mm, turns out to be the same but with a lot of rubber as well. (I admit the edges can be sharper, lol)

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
View attachment 184409

Was suddenly interested in how much Titanal did Faction put into the CT 1.0 and 2.0s, so I did a comparison with a Fischer 86GT which uses 0.8mm. Expected 0.5mm, turns out to be the same but with a lot of rubber as well. (I admit the edges can be sharper, lol)
Found it hard to try and measure just the titanal sheet above the bases/edges underfoot but thought it was close to .5mm there. Know theses skis also have thicker edges throughout the length of the ski so that might be throwing things off when trying to compare just the edge height compared to other skis.

I’d guess the binding retention sheet under the topsheet is .3mm as most have commented it isn’t thick.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can ya’ll please stop talking about CT 1.0’s already? Some of us are still 3 weeks away from S-day (ski day that is not sex although on some ski difference is minimal and skiing is a bit better), show some heart and some compassion for f*cks sake!

1669731775362.jpeg

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Can ya’ll please stop talking about CT 1.0’s already? Some of us are still 3 weeks away from S-day (ski day that is not sex although on some ski difference is minimal and skiing is a bit better), show some heart and some compassion for f*cks sake!

View attachment 184428
Dang dude, wife and I have been out 7 days already, this weekend will make it 9

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dang dude, wife and I have been out 7 days already, this weekend will make it 9
Thanks man, that helps a lot! :roflmao:

17 of December is the day the music starts here. But I am only waiting for a couple of more days and pulling the touring ski out. This is just unbearable.

EP4O

Putting on skis
Skier
PXL_20221130_003542464.jpg

Not sure when I'll get on them with all the snow we're getting, but ready to rock!

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Had the 183cm CT 2.0 pair out today and were lots of fun in Spring like conditions. Was asked at least 5 times today “how do you like those Faction skis?” as they made crud look much easier!

C9661B80-B4E3-4091-B5F3-23CD5FE025C4.jpeg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Never mind the graphics, you will be shocked to know some people switch they Atomic FIS SL ski-the ones with the plastic thumbs at the tips that point inwards. How can they ski with them pointing outwards and keep their sanity intact is way beyond my ability to comprehend. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I have a friend that used to ski his like that. When asked, he'd say "these edges are for skiing, the others are for racing".

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
When are you getting 2.0 poles and letting the 1.0 ones rest a bit?
Lol
They actually have a Candide series of poles from 21 but mine are just the Faction series in yellow. The 1.0 pole is actually grey like their top sheet.

410C6BB5-B870-4845-8A39-A00B0E9BDCC6.png

With the “standard” pole I’m able to ski any of my quiver and the skis will still the fastest edge to edge in the yellow…….haha

6675283E-57CD-463C-B2EB-DE582DBA4E3A.png

Sponsor

Staff online