• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Faction Discussion

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Had a wide range of conditions today from 6 inches of pow up high, soft spring conditions mid mountain and refrozen/marbles down lower and this thing ate it all up. Seriously impressive ski.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the ski! I love my Dictator 3 for Alpine/Palisades/Mammoth. Super fun ski that balances stability and liveliness!

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m looking to pick up some 2021 3.0 190s.

They would slot into my quiver between my 186 enforcer 104s and enforcer pro 190s.

Does anyone have any comparisons to the enforcer pros in particular? My travel quiver for big snow trips has been the 104s + pros and I’ve been really happy with it. I have the 1.0s as a good no fresh snow ski for western trips, but the gap to the 104s seems too small to pair them both and wouldn’t mind something a little better in trees / bumps than the pros. I’m not sure if that is the 3.0s though.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’m looking to pick up some 2021 3.0 190s.

They would slot into my quiver between my 186 enforcer 104s and enforcer pro 190s.

Does anyone have any comparisons to the enforcer pros in particular? My travel quiver for big snow trips has been the 104s + pros and I’ve been really happy with it. I have the 1.0s as a good no fresh snow ski for western trips, but the gap to the 104s seems too small to pair them both and wouldn’t mind something a little better in trees / bumps than the pros. I’m not sure if that is the 3.0s though.
Agree that the 190cm CT 3.0 is getting pretty close to the Enforcer Pro. Find the 190cm CT 3.0 it’s actually more stable and a better carver than the Pro but not as damp as it lacks the metal. Would be a bit easier in bumps and faster edge to edge but pretty similar.
The 184cm CT 3.0 though might be one to consider as it’s very playful yet still much more stable than the 186cm Enforcer 104 and a better carver as well. The E104 and 184cm CT 3.0 are two of my favourite wide skis in the bumps and trees. The 184cm CT 3.0 would also float pretty well if mounted about -2.5cm or so from the CT mark.
The issue is finding a 184cm or 190cm CT 3.0 as they are hard to come by now!

Another ski that instantly comes to mind would be the 186cm Unleashed 108. Longer effective edge than the E104 and a longer turn radius so should be a great carver that’s still playful. Would have better float than the E104 too but not quite as damp as it lacks a bit of weight with the single partial sheet of metal.

The new Rossignol Sender Free 110 is another one with similar dimensions to the CT 3.0 and Unleashed 108 that might be a good in-between ski. Metal underfoot and rubber damping tip/tail and poplar wood core. Just starting to come out and have heard early positive reviews of it.

And of course if we ever get the promised Black Ops 108, that would be another one in this class to consider.

EP4O

Putting on skis
Skier
If they hadn't changed the name, I would love the blue one too. Where did you mount yours?
At least the Dancer writing is small though, if I'm honest the only thing I don't like about the Dictators is the big ass writing on the tail.

Mounted progressive like I should have with the CT's.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agree that the 190cm CT 3.0 is getting pretty close to the Enforcer Pro. Find the 190cm CT 3.0 it’s actually more stable and a better carver than the Pro but not as damp as it lacks the metal. Would be a bit easier in bumps and faster edge to edge but pretty similar.
The 184cm CT 3.0 though might be one to consider as it’s very playful yet still much more stable than the 186cm Enforcer 104 and a better carver as well. The E104 and 184cm CT 3.0 are two of my favourite wide skis in the bumps and trees. The 184cm CT 3.0 would also float pretty well if mounted about -2.5cm or so from the CT mark.
The issue is finding a 184cm or 190cm CT 3.0 as they are hard to come by now!

Another ski that instantly comes to mind would be the 186cm Unleashed 108. Longer effective edge than the E104 and a longer turn radius so should be a great carver that’s still playful. Would have better float than the E104 too but not quite as damp as it lacks a bit of weight with the single partial sheet of metal.

The new Rossignol Sender Free 110 is another one with similar dimensions to the CT 3.0 and Unleashed 108 that might be a good in-between ski. Metal underfoot and rubber damping tip/tail and poplar wood core. Just starting to come out and have heard early positive reviews of it.

And of course if we ever get the promised Black Ops 108, that would be another one in this class to consider.
Thanks. The Sender Free 110s sound right up my alley. When you say they're just starting to come out, do you mean they're being sold somewhere? Or just starting to be released to media etc. with a next season launch?

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks. The Sender Free 110s sound right up my alley. When you say they're just starting to come out, do you mean they're being sold somewhere? Or just starting to be released to media etc. with a next season launch?
Kept hearing February release dates on it so should be very soon. Very progressive mount points so mount on the Directional line or even further back. Still haven’t heard a weight on them yet but hoping in the 2100-2200gr range in the 184cm. There’s also a 191cm length option too.

Pics from a worker at a dealer almost 2 weeks ago and one from Rossignol of the topsheet.

C4A6D2A3-FA1B-48CF-9A63-5CD33E885036.png
View attachment 189502
437D8D89-7E31-4729-A0F4-56B90608EA68.png
56275F97-70C2-43AA-A643-ECB6B5BC3F6C.png
8F2C57F1-4F8F-47AE-A2BB-816C2596D868.png

Last edited:
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Had the CT 1.0 out the last 2 days in mediocre conditions the last two days and did great as always. Opening bell laps were especially great today as I was skiing them very aggressively and they kicked ass!

Also did a few hours on Wednesday on refrozen crud with the 184cm CT 3.0 and then the 186cm Blackops 118. Both were cheat codes with the BO 118 softer tips, heavier weight and rubber damping sucking up vibrations better. No learning curve from the CT line and felt instantly comfortable with them.
Will try both out again next week along with maybe the 190cm CT 3.0 which i think will feel more stable and quicker edge to edge than the BO 118, just not as damp. Think I’ll keep the 190cm CT 3.0 and Wildcat as they seem different enough to keep them all.

Ontario CT 1.0 crew today with @ARL67 on a chairlift ride today.

B20768B4-C4E9-452A-A41B-A58C9531FAB8.jpeg

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Booties above are K2 Recon 120 Plus with the Harlequin colour scheme :thumb:
Was skiing with my wife today ( slow paced ) on her Santa Ana 88 in not the best snow and decided to click my CT mount a bit forward so I could leisurely pivot around. Sure I could have left them as-is but since I have the ability to easily move the mount point, heck why not. Great meeting up with Greg yesterday and today, and watching him charge with such confidence.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Good first hour on a 500’ vert hill on the CT 1.0. What a difference good snow makes compared the mediocre Blue Mountain conditions right now! Might have been tucking involved on a few empty runs first thing.
B324A7EC-64B4-44D9-B189-BFE36EF98604.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good first hour on a 500’ vert hill on the CT 1.0. What a difference good snow makes compared the mediocre Blue Mountain conditions right now! Might have been tucking involved on a few empty runs first thing.
View attachment 190114

Judging by the max speed the snow has been good AND there HAS been some tucking involved. ;)

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Afraid it includes the lift line so hard to much faster there……haha
Averaged 38-42mph all day when I was actually turning.
we actually had to wait for I belive it was 5-6 seconds after unbuckeling our boots for one of the trips, it was getting "crowded" ;D meaning a whole chair of waiting

there has been so few people, and since we are allowed to run 6 on the chair again on all lifts.. its just amazing! all mountian resorts open etc.. so just very few people suddenly!!

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
we actually had to wait for I belive it was 5-6 seconds after unbuckeling our boots for one of the trips, it was getting "crowded" ;D meaning a whole chair of waiting

there has been so few people, and since we are allowed to run 6 on the chair again on all lifts.. its just amazing! all mountian resorts open etc.. so just very few people suddenly!!
That’s great! We have to pass through RFID gates and had a few school trips today but very little waiting all day here too.

Supposed to snow tomorrow and Wednesday and will get out the 184cm CT 3.0 and Blackops 118 skis out.
Had the CT 3.0 ground today as last week I ran over some rocks and these skis were feeling a hair base high still. Had a few passes done on them last spring but not enough I guess.
Did some afternoon runs on them to test and WAY BETTER! More stable, better grip and more confident in crud. Will redo base bevels at the hotel tonight and ski them tomorrow.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
hmmm your avg is low low low :p seems like there was a tuck for cover ;)

This reminds me of one of my favorite "guy" sayings:

First liar in this group doesn't stand a chance! :ogbiggrin:

I have some slow speed carving skis coming in a few minutes, so I'd better show myself out of the Faction thread....

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
So I skied my CT 1.0 (179cm) factory tune and a quick wax for last 5 days in all conditions here at Belleayre. They are much more stable than I expected, so far, I can go as fast as I want on the hills. No problem skiing them slow after 3 year olds. They will serve me well as all mountain charger.

One thing I notice is the CT 1.0 is more tiring than my i-Magnum. Not sure why yet, but I'm going to get the base grinded and put 3/1 on the CT as well as DPS Phantom.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
One thing I notice is the CT 1.0 is more tiring than my i-Magnum. Not sure why yet, but I'm going to get the base grinded
Answered your own question that should be solved with that grind. Edge high will make them feel heavier and more tiring to ski. Base high makes skis more unstable and seem like you’re skiing on marbles.
Be sure to call it 1/3 edge bevels as the first number listed is the base edge angle.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Had the CT 1.0 and then the 184cm CT 3.0 out today when things got really rough in the afternoon. Still both rip!!
CT 3.0 is much improved on the stability front after the latest stone grind to flatten some lingering base high sections.

Sponsor