• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Unincorned or Unicorned?

migdriver

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yawn...it’s raining/ sleeting/ grappel here at SqAlp , the mtn is closed and getting bare, and I’m bored while i wait for the wx to clear enough to be able jump on the bike... so, why not chime in here.
Horses For Courses.
As an aging older dude who now has more mellow ski days than hair on fire tear up the hill ones; I really enjoy my pair of 175 AX . The ski seems to adapt quite nicely to my mood and degree of aggression on any given day. Most days the AX just works. 10” or more fresh... nope. Rock hard ( think typical mid winter day on Hayride at Stowe) Nope. Late spring post corn piles; yeah it’s ok.
Like others here I’ve a quiver. For me that includes a couple of pr Head FIS Sl ( real deal race room ) , Atomic Fis GS, and a pow ski etc etc. On a firm day, when in the mood, and ready get on it nothing beats those Head SL s for precision and reward. But I damn well better be on cause the ski has no easy / off mode.
On other hand, the AX i find delightful regardless of my mood. Better than any number of other skis out there? Magical? Naw.
But it works well most of the time, is pretty versatile, and frankly time is getting short and i no longer have patience to try and figure out exactly which ski is most bestess optimal for that days exact conditions. :)
My son, another top of the second page results ex racer - runs in the family- skied them before squaw closed and said “very nice detuned slalom ski... fun” .
Yup. Works for me.

Sandy_NYC

Getting off the lift
Skier
This season's pearl of wisdom from the mouth of babes ( @Sandy_NYC ) - Skiing slow is a lot more difficult than I have ever thought.

I didn't necessarily want it to be true, but by the end of the season I was convinced it is true. It takes zero skiing ability to straight line down the hill FAST...

Making totally balanced, completely in-control turns? Much harder.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@Sandy_NYC , don't worry, the rest of us will wean you off your good habits in no time next season.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And so the dark side beckons.

James

Out There
Instructor
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Beat Feuz, Matthias Meyer, Dominik Paris etc will love to hear that.
They don’t go straight.
These guys do-
13B4D237-DB7E-4891-B558-A2E32DD7170B.jpeg

Simone Origone on way to 252.454 km/h (156.868 mph)

James

Out There
Instructor
so steep the whole horizon tilts crazy
Heh, I suppose he tilted it. Apparently the piste there, at least at the top is 98% slope or 44.4 degrees. So it’s steep. Chabrières piste at Vars, France.

Don’t think Stockli makes a speed ski, but no idea. Usually about 240cm with 4 sheets of metal, roughly 96meter radius I think. Hell, you can buy a pair at Colorado discount skis for about $600.

The guy has some globes. Even crazier, he climbed K2 without oxygen, joining an expedition very close to leaving for Pakistan.
5F1F3E2D-C0A4-423E-8F7E-550E8A838DCD.jpeg

4C5AF347-1912-44E6-B29C-AF50825105DF.jpeg

DJD

Booting up
Skier
Along those lines: can someone enlighten me about Laser AX vs. Laser SX? Thanks.

Sponsor

Staff online