• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Stöckli isn’t typical in its design of women’s skis, IMO. One could argue their skis are “freaks of nature” compared to some others out there. Also, “Softer” is highly relative. @LindseyB could probably describe the Nela 88’s ride for you.

I would be curious because the motion 85 is an anomaly IMO... that ski is something special. I do know a woman that loves her SR 88s as well so for me it's just another stockli ski choice. My question would be why not the SR 88??.

Last edited:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Planning my upcoming acquisition strategy: will the 2021-22 stockily be grabable by mid September?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
They are in Tokyo now...:ogbiggrin:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
They had some at the big gear show last month, and perhaps in one shop that has a bunch of Stocklis & Blossoms & Vists.
But honestly I was more perving on the Stormriders and don't really remember.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
I would be curious because the motion 85 is an anomaly IMO... that ski is something special. I do know a woman that loves her SR 88s as well so for me it's just another Stöckli ski choice. My question would be why not the SR 88??.

Nela 88 is lighter. Still stiff enough depending on weight. A little quicker for turns vs. the SR88. The new SR88 is quicker than previous generations, but the Nela 88 is still quicker.

Nela96 is special. I can’t begin to tell you how many male testers asked if we could just make it in a 180 with a unisex graphic. Light and quick, but very stable and supportive.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Nela 88 is lighter. Still stiff enough depending on weight. A little quicker for turns vs. the SR88. The new SR88 is quicker than previous generations, but the Nela 88 is still quicker.

Nela96 is special. I can’t begin to tell you how mamy male testers asked if we could just make it in a 180 with a unisex graphic. Light and quick, but very stable and supportive.

Thanks. I've got some time before I have to replace my SR85 motions. Due to my weight, I'm leaning towards the SR88. I'm definitely intrigued about the Nela 96 so if I ever get the chance to demo......

Mp29

Putting on skis
Skier
can anyone comment on SR102 vs SR105?

My favorite ski is SR95. Have the 105 and they’re good but……

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Would the Nela 88 or 96 be too much ski for an intermediate?

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Helpful video, thanks Lindsey. Glad you survived the summer smoke. Presently I have the following soft snow skis:

1. 18-19 AX for soft groomers to a few inches. Fun, easy ski I use on hero days. If it gets firm I usually go to an FIS slalom, MX-84 or masters GS (Stockli FIS Cross 23m).

2. 19-20 SR 88 which has become my powder crud ski for up to 10" of fresh, sometimes more. They're fine on hardpack although I have to technique adjust for the tips. On steeps and in technical places they rock. I have a pair of Nordica 104-s from last year I've skied one day because I just prefer the stable, intuitive, responsive feel of the 88-s. I haven't been on another ski that's as stable and responsive in 3D conditions. Maybe it's because I, like many, learned powder (Sierra cement) on slalom skis.

3. Nordica 104-s. So far meh but one day isn't a fair test. I'm guessing they'll get sold.

4. Moment Bibby Pro 118. They're fine for most really deep days. Playful, fun and intuitive for how much rocker they have.

This fall I'd like to add a pair that extends the stable responsiveness of the 88-s to a wider ski. There aren't many days I really want to be on the Bibby-s I'd prefer something beefier. I've also been listening to ski mates crow on and on about last years SR 95. So my plan was to add a pair. They most likely would be powder crud days only unless I'm seduced into a broader envelope. But now after watching the vid, things are a little blurrier. I think I like the idea of a stiffer tip which it sounds as though the 95-s have but don't want to lose the magical soft snow performance of my older 88-s. I'm also not a fan of lighter skis, although it's never bothered me with the 88-s.

So whaddya think? I'm generally not a great demo candidate, I gradually adapt to a ski that at first seems weird although with Stockli it's usually love from the first turn. I'm also concerned about availability. Gorsuch PC is expecting their first 21-22 shipment this week.

Last edited:

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Helpful video, thanks Lindsey. Glad you survived the summer smoke. Presently I have the following soft snow skis:

1. 18-19 AX for soft groomers to a few inches. Fun, easy ski I use on hero days. If it gets firm I usually go to an FIS slalom, MX-84 or masters GS (Stöckli FIS Cross 23m).

2. 19-20 SR 88 which has become my powder crud ski for up to 10" of fresh, sometimes more. They're fine on hardpack although I have to technique adjust for the tips. On steeps and in technical places they rock. I have a pair of Nordica 104-s from last year I've skied one day because I just prefer the stable, intuitive, responsive feel of the 88-s. I haven't been on another ski that's as stable and responsive in 3D conditions. Maybe it's because I, like many, learned powder (Sierra cement) on slalom skis. For deep days I have some Moment Bibby-s which are fine. Playful, fun and intuitive for how much rocker they have.

This fall I'd like to add a pair that extends the stable responsiveness of the 88-s to a wider ski. There aren't many days I really want to be on the Bibby-s I'd prefer something beefier. I've also been listening to ski mates crow on and on about last years SR 95. So my plan was to add a pair. They most likely would be powder crud days only unless I'm seduced into a broader envelope. But now after watching the vid, things are a little blurrier. I think I like the idea of a stiffer tip which it sounds as though the 95-s have but don't want to lose the magical soft snow performance of my older 88-s. I'm also not a fan of lighter skis, although it's never bothered me with the 88-s.

So whaddya think? I'm generally not a great demo candidate, I gradually adapt to a ski that at first seems weird although with Stöckli it's usually love from the first turn. I'm also concerned about availability. Gorsuch PC is expecting their first 21-22 shipment this week.

I would try the SR95. In my opinion, as well as the opinion of Brian and Nick at Gorsuch, the 95 is the best ski ever made. It does everything at an exceptionally high level and has a very special feel to it.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Nela96 is special. I can’t begin to tell you how many male testers asked if we could just make it in a 180 with a unisex graphic. Light and quick, but very stable and supportive.
I’d like it in a 180 with the female graphic. :ogbiggrin:

James

Out There
Instructor

Worth a watch if you are already a fan or curious about Stöckli.
Nicely done!
Heh, drones make Rt 100 to Stowe, or Cochran’s, look exotic.
Graphics are looking good.
Still my favorite graphic, from like 2015, Motion 85-

04844A52-C69C-40A5-9ED9-27D3BA51F1AF.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online