• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wish I could rationalize owning the WRT in CO, but we rarely have conditions where the WRT would be the right call. That's a nice looking setup (coming from a guy who also skis the Dobermann GP 140 and GP 130).

I have seen pics of the snow you ski. WRT is not the right choice. But you already know that.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I have seen pics of the snow you ski. WRT is not the right choice. But you already know that.

It's funny that the day I demo'd the WRT actually was a day in CO where that ski was the best bet. Due to the heavy demo traffic on the few slopes near the demo tents, the snow was scraped and the harder stuff below was the primary condition.

James

Out There
Instructor
So I pulled the trigger today but changed my mind at the last minute and got the 180's instead of the 172's. Sorry Tony Storaro :-( !!!!!. The skis came with the WRT D20 plate and SRT 12 binding. I can't believe I spent that kind of money on a ski setup. NEVER in my life have I done that, honestly. $1700 with tax ugghhh. But I'm pretty excited and prob won't bust them out until there is a decent base. And I won't leave them on my truck rack, drive off, turn a corner, spill them onto the road and let the lady in a BMW drive over them like I did my SX's. The shop has one pair of 172's in addition to a plethora of years past discounted Stöcklis in the $850 range. What do you guys think of this color combination?: View attachment 149031 View attachment 149032
I think they look really good.
Even with jeans they won’t make your butt look fat.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Hey!!! Objection! The fact that I am skiing in bright yellow helmet, purple jacket, yellow bibs and on bright red/black ski or even brighter yellow ones does not mean I cannot appreciate subtle, quiet beauty when I come across one. :ogbiggrin:

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Hey!!! Objection! The fact that I am skiing in bright yellow helmet, purple jacket, yellow bibs and on bright red/black ski or even brighter yellow ones does not mean I cannot appreciate subtle, quiet beauty when I come across one. :ogbiggrin:
To be fare in Europe with Haute Couture and all, what you described is pretty subdued ;)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What makes you think I was talking about clothing?

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
(Speculate he thinks we should have noticed the Atomic bindings on his WRT STs.)

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You guys are not really skiers. Just a bunch of wannabe and so call fashionistas. While you guys are quibbling about coordinating binding and ski colors, a pair of frankenski simply blew over your collective head. :nono:

We did notice that. But as you mentioned the combination WRT plates with Atomic bindings earlier, it came as no surprise.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We did notice that. But as you mentioned the combination WRT plates with Atomic bindings earlier, it came as no surprise.

Can't see the forest for the trees.

The WRT 12 binding is a rebranded Salomon Lab. The Lab is simply a rebranded Atomic X VAR. The Atomic X16 VAR swap is a no brainer.
However, that is not it. Something a little more obvious.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Can't see the forest for the trees.

The WRT 12 binding is a rebranded Salomon Lab. The Lab is simply a rebranded Atomic X VAR. The Atomic X16 VAR swap is a no brainer.
However, that is not it. Something a little more obvious.
Sidebar - since this is a Stockli thread - when did you get the AX 154s? I didn't notice that at first. Are those for Mrs. G.?

The wacky arrangement on the S9s is like what you did for Sandy, right? Something to do with accommodating Gripwalk, maybe?

Anyway, the scavenger hunt thing is fun. We should have one of these every month.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sidebar - since this is a Stöckli thread - when did you get the AX 154s? I didn't notice that at first. Are those for Mrs. G.?

The wacky arrangement on the S9s is like what you did for Sandy, right? Something to do with accommodating Gripwalk, maybe?

Anyway, the scavenger hunt thing is fun. We should have one of these every month.

Winner, winner, Chicken dinner. :golfclap:

Both the AX & the Franken_SL belong to @Sandy_NYC .
She mounted Xcells on the AX couple weekends ago. She still have couple pairs to mount up. They were giving skis away end of last season at Mammoth. Shudda been there.

Sponsor

Staff online