• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Fodder for at least another 120 pages there :roflmao:

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Hi all!! I'm interested in the WRT but know nothing about the bindings. Specifically the SRT 12 binding. It looks like it has an adjustable track like a rental binding. Is this true? Any opinions on these binding? Thanks.
The WRT bindings are the same as the Salomon Lab and Atomic VAR. These are WC race bindings, but all adjust(though with more labor than a rental) to fit a very wide variety of boot lengths. They are very solid and performant.

AlexisLD

Getting off the lift
Skier
BTW the SR95 and Nela 96 have different wood core's. The SR95 is Light core and the Nela96 is Superlight core.

The Nela also has a wider nose in comparison to the tail than the SR95.
What are the differences between the Light and Superlight core?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
BTW the SR95 and Nela 96 have different wood core's. The SR95 is Light core and the Nela96 is Superlight core.

Yup. Alexis's data reflect both those differences if you look closely. What's was striking to me was how very very close their stats were nevertheless, when compared with competitor models from other ski makers.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier

Hmm I think I see a Nela 96 in my wife's future to compliment her Stormrider W85

AlexisLD

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yup. Alexis's data reflect both those differences if you look closely. What's was striking to me was how very very close their stats were nevertheless, when compared with competitor models from other ski makers.

Yes, I just wrote something in the other thread to say that I missed the difference in geometry between these two skis. The skis are probably not coming from the same mold even if they are very similar. The Nela is larger and a lighter core might be what allows it to not show increases in weight (slight decrease actually) or stiffnesses when compared to the SR95.

Jack Lake

Putting on skis
Skier
The snow at loveland was well suited the last three days for my SXs. Yesterday was windblown over ice in spots and the SXs were great. Got air on short turns pressing hard into the apex and releasing. The GS turns on these is so silky smooth. I even like em going down tempest and upper Richard's. Easy. Tucked run out, still smooth. Makes me wonder if I would've liked the 175s better.
I do have just a drop of ptex to do though...

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The snow at loveland was well suited the last three days for my SXs. Yesterday was windblown over ice in spots and the SXs were great. Got air on short turns pressing hard into the apex and releasing. The GS turns on these is so silky smooth. I even like em going down tempest and upper Richard's. Easy. Tucked run out, still smooth. Makes me wonder if I would've liked the 175s better.
I do have just a drop of ptex to do though...

Yeah... stay away from Lower Richards right now... you've been warned. ;)

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'll rent Stöcklis when I ski in Austria this winter (if Covid lets me...Austria is on a 10 day near-total lockdown right now). What should I ask for that will ski as sweetly as my Laser AX but curvier? I expect nothing but groomers there, although I did see some mapped in-bounds ungroomed runs at Zell am See a couple of years ago--red diamond signs instead of red circles, and that day snow as hard as concrete. If we get a dump and hire a guide for off piste, I'll switch skis at the rental shop.

For my 2017 Laser AX, the yellow & green ones, when can we expect Stöckli to have a new version that is noticeably better? Nothing wrong with mine, but I'll step up to a better version when it comes.

James

Out There
Instructor
Now accepting replacements…ogsmile

99517C04-3D79-4835-A978-966C7DDA3B34.jpeg