Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
Are you Stöckli folks the same folks on the Bogner thread? Certainly sound alike. :duck::ogbiggrin:

Dont be silly. We only pay for a difference in technology. You know…like Arcteryx. Or Simms. Simms….there is no price I wouldn’t pay for 6 hours dry casting in torrential rain up to my chest.

Chest you know. Dry. I’d pay whatever they ask for this.

Same as Stöckli: dream about whatever price for SR95 or WRT ST in 180 and ask for my credit card, I am your man.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
Dont be silly. We only pay for a difference in technology. You know…like Arcteryx. Or Simms. Simms….there is no price I wouldn’t pay for 6 hours dry casting in torrential rain up to my chest.

Chest you know. Dry. I’d pay whatever they ask for this.

Same as Stöckli: dream about whatever price for SR95 or WRT ST in 180 and ask for my credit card, I am your man.

Ahhh, dead bird. More marketing BS. Glad there are skiers buying it.

Talked to a group of 4 skiers who was at PT last week. It was dumping a mixture of wet snow, freezing rain and liquid snow. The two wearing dead bird were soaked through at the end of the day. The Bogner/Kjus couple? They were as dry inside. The dead bird people put in a call to Mamie for their next soft good purchase. Nothing clears the BS like real world performance comparison.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
...the same folks on the Bogner thread?

There's a Bogner thread?
1642118708674.png

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Ahhh, dead bird. More marketing BS. Glad there are skiers buying it.

Talked to a group of 4 skiers who was at PT last week. It was dumping a mixture of wet snow, freezing rain and liquid snow. The two wearing dead bird were soaked through at the end of the day. The Bogner/Kjus couple? They were as dry inside. The dead bird people put in a call to Mamie for their next soft good purchase. Nothing clears the BS like real world performance comparison.
I don't think I want any of that stuff if it sends an entire group of four to PT.

Unless your PT doesn't mean what my PT means.

PS I skied my first bumps of the year today at Sunday River. They were really desperate measures but then so was I. Under your influence I've become an old fat guy, and was forced to ski like one today due to that, plus poor fitness. I don't think I did anything (new) that will require PT though.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
I don't think I want any of that stuff if it sends an entire group of four to PT.

Unless your PT doesn't mean what my PT means.

PS I skied my first bumps of the year today at Sunday River. They were really desperate measures but then so was I. Under your influence I've become an old fat guy, and was forced to ski like one today due to that, plus poor fitness. I don't think I did anything (new) that will require PT though.

PT = Palisade Tahoe.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
Ahhh, dead bird.

FB you mean? Like the Fossilized Bird? Like…dead from ages ago?
Technically it is not exactly bird, but let’s not get bogged down on ornithology.

Ahhh…but it is like Patagonia, one needs to chose with care. Not everything works.
But they got the cut right. And the seams quality is up there.
My Oakley jacket-just for example-started falling apart after just one season.
Whereas my Arcteryx Gore Tex pro (pro?-the stuff that is like squares) jacket ( whatever they call the model) is still going strong 3 seasons in a row. Damn I wish I remembered the model…anyway, it is yellow. And indestructible. Mother Nature does her best and puts everything she got on it and the damn thing does not flinch and still keeps coming back for more.

So my point is, when someone says to me ( A Barbour sales man I am quoting) thank you for your business Mr. Storaro, see you again in 25 years for a new Beaufort jacket)… what can I say…I am totally sold.:ogbiggrin:

Durability right? I hate buying clothes-as every normal man-give me something that will be good in next 50 years and I will pay whatever.

Oh by the way, if you have of that stuff that can be used as shampoo, ski wax, shaving cream, soap, tooth paste, chain lubricant, car motor lube, coolant, stain remover and paint thinner…I will have 100 packs of it.

Kjus and Bogner I do not understand. But don’t hate on people in them-whatever they like, who am I to judge…

Last edited:

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
FB you mean? Like the Focilized Bird? Like…dead from ages ago?
Technically it is not exactly bird, but let’s not get bogged down on ornithology.

Ahhh…but it is like Patagonia, one needs to chose with care. Not everything works.
But they got the cut right. And the seams quality is up there.
My Oakley jacket-just for example-started falling apart after just one season.

Kjus and Bogner I do not understand. But don’t hate on people in them-whatever they like, who am I to judge…

Fossilized Bird = Way deader than dead.

No hate from me. Just very through understanding where they all fit. I have Arc, Paty, Bogner, Kjus, Mammut, HH, Marmot, OR, Phenix, Goldwin, Head, Spyder and bunch more. They all have their strengths and weakness. Not much bias between them all.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
Fossilized Bird = Way deader than dead.

No hate from me. Just very through understanding where they all fit. I have Arc, Paty, Bogner, Kjus, Mammut, HH, Marmot, OR, Phenix, Goldwin, Head, Spyder and bunch more. They all have their strengths and weakness. Not much bias between them all.

My point exactly-the right material, cut and seams. And pocket placing. I found that in Arcteryx and Simms and some of the Patagonia and have absolutely no time or desire to try on others. :ogbiggrin: Too busy with actually using the stuff.

As with WRT ST- these killed off all the other piste skis for me. Tried some after them-nothing comes close so why bother searching ? When someone creates something better-please, by all means.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
My point exactly-the right material, cut and seams. And pocket placing. I found that in Arcteryx and Simms and some of the Patagonia and have absolutely no time or desire to try on others. :ogbiggrin: Too busy with actually using the stuff.

As with WRT ST- these killed off all the other piste skis for me. Tried some after them-nothing comes close so why bother searching ? When someone creates something better-please, by all means.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. And vice versa.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Have watched as friends over the years have settled on one ski buying several copies. When a ski makes your heart skip a beat it is intoxicating. Commitment is 3 or more copies of the same ski.

John Y

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Want to get new skis for my 2 sons, 5’9 140lbs and 5’11 160. We ski out west mostly Mammoth. They ski 80/20 on/off piste. They are advanced intermediate skiers. Debating between AR, AX and SR 88 or any other recommendations. What length ski? If AR, thinking 168cm and 175cm. Which bindings would you recommend? Is there any changes to AR and AX 20/21 model compare to 21/22 model besides cosmetics? TIA