• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know the right answer is get both but in the meantime…

WRT ST 180-best of both worlds.
Even more powerful than the consumer GS and more nimble.

On paper their turn radius is 16.3 but on snow the things are a bit different and you have absolutely no problems in driving them hard in GS turns. Out of this world stable at speed. You can go 60 without even realizing it.

Last edited:

BmbrMcGnrly

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks Tony! Do you think the 185 GS has any advantages over the 180 WRT? Will the WRT be more stable at speed despite its shorter length?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Thanks Tony! Do you think the 185 GS has any advantages over the 180 WRT? Will the WRT be more stable at speed despite its shorter length?

Do you ski anywhere where you can actually ski them as intended? I see that you're in PA... I would lean toward the shorter ski with a tighter sidecut if I was mostly skiing less than 1000' of vertical on fairly narrow runs.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Cant say about the 185 GS as I have only tested the GS 180 and the WRT ST 180 is twice the ski the GS are.
These are basically FIS GS ski without all the hard work-to quote @LindseyB .
My all time favourite piste ski, nothing I have tested comes close-the ski on my shoulder on my avatar pic. My preciousss... :ogbiggrin:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Saw up to 10 pairs of Stöcklis on locals at Elk today…..men and women. Over the years, kinda rare to see Stöckli in NEPA/Elk. I wonder if Idyllwild Ski Shop picked them up?
Don’t know about Idyllwild, but Buckman’s carries them. I’ve noticed way more Stockli’s at Blue, as well, and attribute it to the Buckman’s inventory.

Reactions: BC.

BmbrMcGnrly

Putting on skis
Skier
Do you ski anywhere where you can actually ski them as intended? I see that you're in PA... I would lean toward the shorter ski with a tighter sidecut if I was mostly skiing less than 1000' of vertical on fairly narrow runs.
I ski out west and in VT pretty often (much more often than PA), but that is something to consider.

The biggest thing holding me back from the WRT is I typically ski a 191cm ski, so 180 seems a bit short (at least on paper). It’s leaving me wondering if the 185 GS is more stable at speed, at least on those days when no one is on the mountain and I can get some speed.

appreciate the input so far!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Im amazed you found a WRT ST 180 demo, seems unicorn'ish as most demos are 172 :|

WRT ST isnt made to be "great at speed" but for short turns, high edge angles

Skis like WRT ST and competitors has serious umph, edge designs, lack of taper, rocker (orlack of) camber etc, makes them burly and hold up.

If your feeling extremly good at skiing and want longer, I'm selling a pair of LASER GS WRT 193 from RaceDepartment.... ;)

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The biggest thing holding me back from the WRT is I typically ski a 191cm ski, so 180 seems a bit short (at least on paper). It’s leaving me wondering if the 185 GS is more stable at speed, at least on those days when no one is on the mountain and I can get some speed.

If ultimate speed and stability is what you are after, the ski that can beat WRTs are the 188/193 FIS GS Lasers.

Can you handle them tho is a question only you can answer.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1642896968228.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've skied mine a few days at Cannon. They def rip. I moved up from a 177 enforcer 93 to the 184 SR95. Need to get used to skiing the longer ski though

It won’t take long.
I moved from AX175 to SR95 184, there was certain adjustment period but it was all smooth sailing from there.
Presently these are my all mountain, don’t-know-what-the-snow-is ski. They can handle just about everything.

Last edited:

Peter P

Booting up
Skier
Update: Just loving my 3 ski quiver in Deer Valley
80% of time = Stockli AR = best pair of skis that I have ever been on
10% = Head e-race pro = Nastar mornings
10% Salomon Blanks = powder days

On a side note, does anyone know anyone who can give some reasonable private race training lessons in Deer Valley?
I am willing to pay for some lessons, not a lesson + lift ticket. Thanks

Sponsor