• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
You tested them already? More oomph? I am very much looking forward to putting mine on snow and testing various boot positioning (+1,+2) as I expect the results will be quite satisfying. :ogbiggrin:
To me they seem quicker. A little more rebound. I tested them wherever the demo guy sets them, I imagine right on the line.

honestly I loved them both, but the pros felt a little quicker to finish and gave a little more rebound. Both felt superb and were fantastic. I skied them back to back and they just felt a little different.

I skied them on over crowded groomers that wear all feathered out with sugar piles everywhere. Stable at speed, so stable. Skiing in what I can only describe as Atari Asteroids conditions as far as crowds. Beginners, race teams, ski patrol, speedsters all sharing the same limited real estate.

plus the silver almost fish scale finish is freaking awesome.

what do others think when comparing these two models?
which would I prefer? Yes hahaha

i would love to ski them after my tuner got to work on them.

Last edited:

Don4Fun

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am new to the Stockli brand having first learning of them at Demo Day last spring. But after trying the Montero AR (175), I just had to get me a pair.
They felt great for me.
Now that I skied them several more times, the more I like them. The quality is excellent and are stable at high speed with no chatter. They like going fast and have great edges.
A little above my budget but worth it.
Looking forward to a fantastic season.
20221025_173954.jpg

Last edited:

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
To me they seem quicker. A little more rebound. I tested them wherever the demo guy sets them, I imagine right on the line.

honestly I loved them both, but the pros felt a little quicker to finish and gave a little more rebound. Both felt superb and were fantastic. I skied them back to back and they just felt a little different.

I skied them on over crowded groomers that wear all feathered out with sugar piles everywhere. Stable at speed, so stable. Skiing in what I can only describe as Atari Asteroids conditions as far as crowds. Beginners, race teams, ski patrol, speedsters all sharing the same limited real estate.

plus the silver almost fish scale finish is freaking awesome.

what do others think when comparing these two models?
which would I prefer? Yes hahaha

i would love to ski them after my tuner got to work on them.
Which two skis are you comparing here bud? WRT ST and WRT Pro?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am new to the Stockli brand having first learning of them at Demo Day last spring. But after trying the Montero AR (175), I just had to get me a pair.
They felt great for me.
Now that I skied them several more times, the more I like them. The quality is excellent and are stable at high speed with no chatter. They like going fast and have great edges.
View attachment 184431

Congrats on the new skis! They're worth going above the budget especially as that initial pain fades.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrats on the new skis! They're worth going above the budget especially as that initial pain fades.

Moreover in view of the news that the supplier of the wooden cores is going out of business (see the thread on the forum) it might prove a wise investment. Perhaps it is time that we all double our efforts stocking up on Stockli for who knows what the future may bring.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Moreover in view of the news that the supplier of the wooden cores is going out of business (see the thread on the forum) it might prove a wise investment. Perhaps it is time that we all double our efforts stocking up on Stockli for who knows what the future may bring.
Don't tempt me...

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a friend that would always have a many year supply of TP. Then Covid came along and he was the man. I’m like the Stockli version of him, I’m fine for a while. But if a deal comes along I can’t pass up…

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a friend that would always have a many year supply of TP. Then Covid came along and he was the man. I’m like the Stockli version of him, I’m fine for a while. But if a deal comes along I can’t pass up…

I’ll be following the situation closely and in case it all goes south, immediately ordering 2-3 new pairs of SR95 and 1-2 more WRTs. I ain’t taking no chances. :ogbiggrin:

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anyone know where to get ahold of Stockli apparel? My wife loves the stone colored sweatshirt but I cannot find any retailers stateside that sells their apparel. Any place online that ships to the states?

would love to get her this for Christmas

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone know where to get ahold of Stockli apparel? My wife loves the stone colored sweatshirt but I cannot find any retailers stateside that sells their apparel. Any place online that ships to the states?
I think @TheArchitect posted an inquiry a few or so pages back-not sure what came out of it. I know @LindseyB is a Stockli area rep-maybe he could help. It's out there!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Which one?

Don4Fun

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Try the Stockli website. It has apparel and store locators.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
They felt great for me.
Don, these are the dimensions of the new AR from the 22-23 Stöckli Ski Workbook:
1669764700964.png

Note the edge bevels, 1.5° base and 2° side. 1.5 is unusual. Much more common is 1 & 2 degrees, which is kind'a like vanilla ice cream...everyone likes it and a few love it. 1.5 base bevel is odd, and seems more likely comfy for skidding around. You might consider having a shop give these a full tune which will be a bottom grind to get the base edges flat, then set the base & side edge angles the way you like. 1° & 3° are very good for grip on harder snow, and 0.7° base and 3° sides are great for grip, but take some getting used to. I just skied a day on your skis' skinny brother, the AX, with .7 & 3. Sweeeeeet. The less the base angle the quicker the ski engages when rolled up on edge. Conditions that day were hard pack sometimes covered with some loose snow. The Montero was a sweet dream in the spots of fresh snow.
(A way to break the skier into .7° base edges is to get the edges ground to that angle, then file the front foot of the edge from the curve back to 1° feathered into the .7 section, and the same back 6" to the tail curve. The following year go .7 all the way.)

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier