• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier

DerKomisar

Putting on skis
Skier
All bindings are good. Some are more suitable for certain conditions than others. What is your boot sole length and your skiing speed? What setting does the DIN calculator put you at? There are four big binding makers, Marker, Head/Tyrolia, Salomon/Atomic, and Rossignol/Look. I'm a Head/Tyrolia guy, like Sal-o-tomic, and have no problem with Rossi/Look. I'm not a fan of the Marker single acting heel, but millions of others like them a lot. The bindings Stöckli sells are Salomons with Stöckli colors and catalog number.
I’m in a similar situation where I picked up a pair of Laser ARs and need to remount the bindings. I have an opportunity to swap out the Tyrolia 14’s to either a Look Pivot 14 or Salomon Warden demo binding. The demo option is intriguing to be able to have some options with mount point.
Any reason to consider one more or less?
Thanks for any insight.

DerKomisar

Putting on skis
Skier
I’ve had no luck, unfortunately
I found a few posts back in April, good info and looks like it’d be a great option to go with the demo binding for the skis. If I ever picked up a pair of SR 88… maybe I’ll save the Pivots for them. Appreciate the help, I tried search earlier but couldn’t find anything specific. Thanks again!

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tell me more...
Not too much more to tell. As expected. I only skied three runs, but top to bottom, because I had an appointment. I was seeking out bad snow but couldn’t find it. So yes, the same smooth railroady Stockli feeling but I was on early soft snow, still some corduroy even.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven’t been in a couple weeks, but there was a pair of 20/21 SR95s at the local consignment for $600. Drilled once. Looked to be pretty pristine. 175. If anyone is interested, PM me.

James

Out There
Instructor
This one

That looks green. Didn’t you say “stone colored”?
Try contacting these guys, they’re very good on shipping to the states. Quicker than many US retailers. They don’t list clothing, but have skis. Maybe they can get it.

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
That looks green. Didn’t you say “stone colored”?
Try contacting these guys, they’re very good on shipping to the states. Quicker than many US retailers. They don’t list clothing, but have skis. Maybe they can get it.

It does look green but they list it as stone? It’s odd lol

I will reach out to the shop you suggested as well, thanks James!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m in a similar situation where I picked up a pair of Laser ARs and need to remount the bindings. I have an opportunity to swap out the Tyrolia 14’s to either a Look Pivot 14 or Salomon Warden demo binding. The demo option is intriguing to be able to have some options with mount point.
Any reason to consider one more or less?
Thanks for any insight.
Which Tyrolias? Why take them off?

Part of the consideration is how the old screw holes line up with the new screw holes. You do not want the hole overlapping or too close together. The ski won't have the strength to hold the screws in in those cases.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Which Tyrolias? Why take them off?

Part of the consideration is how the old screw holes line up with the new screw holes. You do not want the hole overlapping or too close together. The ski won't have the strength to hold the screws in in those cases.

That depends. I hear there are ways to mount new bindings on the old holes without compromising anything. You use this or that or some sort of black magic but i need to ask the guys at the shop for details as I normally pay no attention to this sort of techicalities. :roflmao:

James

Out There
Instructor
From earlier in the month-

C16F8A86-BE60-42DB-8C91-E86533292C79.jpeg

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
That depends. I hear there are ways to mount new bindings on the old holes without compromising anything. You use this or that or some sort of black magic but i need to ask the guys at the shop for details as I normally pay no attention to this sort of techicalities. :roflmao:
Huh... That's interesting. I wonder if they're using a helicoil or something in the old hole. That might actually work.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
You can re-use existing holes if you are remounting bindings with the same hole patterns without issue if you loosen and tighten the screws by hand and re-glue the new screws again. Have swapped different versions of Attacks on the same ski many times.
Have also used 2 of the 4 toe or heel holes again on the new bindings if the holes line up correctly.

You want to be clear of the old holes by at least 8mm(rule is around 1cm but you can go a bit closer without issue) with the new holes if the new bindings have a different template. Lots of online templates available to see if there will be conflicts.
Worst case you might have to move the boot Center mount a bit forward or back of recommended to avoid those conflicts.

Heli coil used if you’re constantly taking the binding screws out to share bindings between your quiver but can also aid in binding remount conflicts as it may give better support if you have previous holes close by.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Huh... That's interesting. I wonder if they're using a helicoil or something in the old hole. That might actually work.

One of my SRs is remounted from Shifts to Wardens using 2 new and 2 old holes. After a season of skiing them I see absolutely no difference with the other pair that have only been mounted once.
Need to ask for more details.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online