• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BmbrMcGnrly

Putting on skis
Skier
Is there anything in 180 that you do not like?
Nah they rock - they are pedal to the medal go fast no limits! Just thinking I need (want) a short turner for my quiver - the WRT in 180 is the shortest turner I own. Truth be told Im thinking an SL but that will depend on what is on sale at the end of the season.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nah they rock - they are pedal to the medal go fast no limits! Just thinking I need (want) a short turner for my quiver - the WRT in 180 is the shortest turner I own. Truth be told Im thinking an SL but that will depend on what is on sale at the end of the season.

You are a prime candidate for a FIS SL ski. Seriously.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If I had known how much I'd love the Laser AX I'd have bought a second pair for the future.
I love them too and am planning on it. I think I’ve found someone here wanting to sell a used 10 days or so pair.

BmbrMcGnrly

Putting on skis
Skier
You are a prime candidate for a FIS SL ski. Seriously.

I’ve found some used consumer Stockli SL skis I’m interested in - waiting on a response. I’ll be on the lookout for a FIS version as well. I live close to an indoor slope so I would use it work on technique over the summer.

James

Out There
Instructor
I’ve found some used consumer Stockli SL skis I’m interested in - waiting on a response. I’ll be on the lookout for a FIS version as well. I live close to an indoor slope so I would use it work on technique over the summer.
There’s a Stockli Fis Sl review here somewhere by a guy in Europe. Basically had everyone drooling.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There’s a Stockli Fis Sl review here somewhere by a guy in Europe. Basically had everyone drooling.
Not in Europe - I would say that they are the bees knees, but I've only been able to compare them to Augment. Slight edge to Stockli, but specific conditions could/have altered the equation.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Yeah, it was/is a great review. Made me convinced I want/need Atomic FIS SL ski. :ogbiggrin: And then I just went and bought Rossis. Logic? Not even once.:roflmao:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice. Who were they made by?
There’s a former top junior racer here who builds his own skis. I remember getting on a lift with him several years ago just by chance. He talked about what he was up to, I saw hand builts on his feet and remember feeling amused that he didn’t just buy skis like everyone else. So I figured, hey, we all need hobbies.

Apparently, if you’re him and go far enough down the rabbit hole you can end up building skis that at least in some ways can outperform major manufacturers. He and this friend of mine teamed up to post the leading CARV scores, forcing CARV to change their algorithms. Because after all, a guy like this can’t be a better skier than Ted Ligety, so his gaming was in some ways uncovering flaws. The whole progression of CARV is fascinating.

Does gaming CARV delegitimize it? It can be argued but in my opinion, no. After all, doesn’t equipment win on the World Cup at times? CARV isn’t a finished product it’s iterating as the global ski community gets involved, and the rabbit holes get deeper.

resovia

Booting up
Skier
Having both FIS SL and WRT PRO I can tell you these skis are more similar then different. If you enjoy making smaller radius turns go for FIS skis.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have the 162 WRTP’s - they like to turn but you do have to do your part. The amazing thing about them is how smoothly they do it and how solid a platform they are when they are tipped over.
Never skied fis sl’s so can’t compare and fer me at 5’5’ they are not “short” skis

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the 162 WRTP’s - they like to turn but you do have to do your part.

That’s one of the things I like the most about the WRTs. Unlike skis like Hero Masters, Laser GS and RC4 CT they don't pull you strongly into the turn and don't dictate the turn shape and the radius. You tell them what to do and they do it but you are the driver.

Reactions: JCF

smv

Booting up
Skier
Anyone remember which page this review of the Stockli SL FIS vs Atomic’s Redster FIS was?… can’t find it.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone remember which page this review of the Stockli SL FIS vs Atomic’s Redster FIS was?… can’t find it.

I am not sure whether it was originally posted here or rather-in either Gear Reviews or in a separate thread in Hardgoods.

I think I copy/pasted it here just because it was a gem of a review but cant remember when that was.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January