• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
If they made the Nela 96 in a 180...

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The truth is that I did not buy Stöckl's 2021/22 Nela because of the pinkish top sheet. I do like the brownish color of the 2022/23 model which is what I own.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Evidently you do not share the compensation issues many have around here.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Evidently you do not share the compensation issues many have around here.
Oh, I have compensation issues. They're all between me and my employer.

But today is a bluebird slush day at the Loaf, so not much is troubling me.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We closed down belleayre today and I initially took out my coalition SOS skis and they just felt clunky and heavy maybe it's the bindings. I ended up swapping out them for my stockli stormrider 95s and OMG. They were much better equipped to deal with the ice, slush and miscellaneous piles. I'm becoming very into these skis.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was on my plaid SR 95's today and they were really fun in the quickly deteriorating conditions at Wildcat today, They were quick enough in bumps, held the wet ice sheet with ease , skied the sun groomed like I knew how to ski

bpratt

Putting on skis
Skier
The truth is that I did not buy Stöckl's 2021/22 Nela because of the pinkish top sheet. I do like the brownish color of the 2022/23 model which is what I own.
My daughter loved the Nela's she demoed but almost didn't buy a pair because she HATED the color. This was her solution:
Nelas.jpg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Looking good. If they had just skipped that stupid 'more lighterer" part these would have been a total Must-Buy-Now

And of course what I am sure you have all been holding your collective breath for:

I speak very little Japanese but what this gentleman said at 1:30 in my ears sounded like: You'd be a damn idiot not to buy these for the coming season.

Last edited:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Looking good. If they had just skipped that stupid 'more lighterer" part these would have been a total Must-Buy-Now

And of course what I am sure you have all been holding your collective breath for:

I speak very little Japanese but what this gentleman said at 1:30 in my ears sounded like: You'd be a damn idiot not to buy these for the coming season.
Yeah, but your ears might, just might, be biased.

James

Out There
Instructor
Hah, the Japanese video makes the tips look enormous. It looked like omg, they turned the SL into a Head i-rally?? But it’s illusion. .

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My Stormrider 95s are my favorite ski right now. I hope Stockli doesn't 'nela' it. I failed to get a backup pair of the Motion 85 and now I'm not sure what I'll do when I need to replace them. The SR 88 I suppose.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
THE SR 95 is not "more lighterer". The weight of the 95 is the same as previous iterations. The size run is different though.

Sizing

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
THE SR 95 is not "more lighterer". The weight of the 95 is the same as previous iterations. The size run is different though.

Sizing

The guy from Powder7 must have gotten it wrong then, as I heard "a little bit lighter". It happens, no biggie...
182 cm and more forward mounting point are both VERY welcome changes.
Not sure about the graphics tho.

Sponsor

Staff online