• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

No metal inserts at the tails is plain idiotic move if you ask me.

And in general I am not impressed with where Stockli is going with the SR95, I mean IMHO the freeride folk is already on 100+ski, correct me if I am wrong. No much point to appeal to them with freeride-type 95mm.
People seem to buy 95 mm as allmountain ski these days and these just have to be solid on groomers. Light wood core? Screw that. Give us solid stuff north of 2 kilos per ski, make them the fat carver that they are and be done with it, enough of that freeride stuff FFS...stop catering to crowd that doesn't care about you!

Last edited:

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
And in general I am not impressed with where Stockli is going with the SR95, I mean IMHO the freeride folk is already on 100+ski, correct me if I am wrong.

I LOVE the "new" tail on my '22-'23 Stormrider 102---a slight taper & just a hint of rocker. It's a great match for spending the day in high alpine bowls at Breck and it makes for easier lines for me through bump runs down lower on the mountain.

However I also have the older & more directional "blue plaid" Stormrider 95. I'm pretty happy with the more locked-in turn charcter of that older SR95. Will be interesting to see whether the new SR95 gets enthusiastic adoption. The Ski Essential reviewers say the Stockli Montero line is now pretty much the sweet spot for the on-piste skier.

Last edited:

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
No metal inserts at the tails is plain idiotic move if you ask me.

And in general I am not impressed with where Stockli is going with the SR95, I mean IMHO the freeride folk is already on 100+ski, correct me if I am wrong. No much point to appeal to them with freeride-type 95mm.
People seem to buy 95 mm as allmountain ski these days and these just have to be solid on groomers. Light wood core? Screw that. Give us solid stuff north of 2 kilos per ski, make them the fat carver that they are and be done with it, enough of that freeride stuff FFS...stop catering to crowd that doesn't care about you!

In lieu of the metal insert is 2 cm of ski.

The 2nd most powerful SR95 (2013-14-15) had no tail insert and was a round tail ski.

The core is the same as the past 2 iterations.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In lieu of the metal insert is 2 cm of ski.

The 2nd most powerful SR95 (2013-14-15) had no tail insert and was a round tail ski.

The core is the same as the past 2 iterations.

I mean:

IMG_0494.jpeg

I am no mathematician but if the old version is 184 and the new is 182 that doesn’t add up…

Perhaps I am missing something dunno…

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I mean:

View attachment 203838

I am no mathematician but if the old version is 184 and the new is 182 that doesn’t add up…

Perhaps I am missing something dunno…
The moved the mounting position forward which gives you more tail :)
But yes @Tony Storaro you are definitely missing something .... what we are not quite sure, but when we figure it out we will let you know .... wait I figured it out, you still need that Stockli ski jacket you have been raving about it is definitely missing lol

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
wait I figured it out, you still need that Stockli ski jacket you have been raving about it is definitely missing lol

Oh but that's done deal. I got it end of last season but did not wear it much this one as first it is insulated and second I decided I should first kill my red Oakley which totally disintegrated end of this season so who knows perhaps next year I will be in the Stockli.

On the other hand I like my new Atomic Revent GTX jacket very much so who knows...The main reason I got the Stockli was the back pocket where I thought I'd keep my cat tracks...which all of a sudden I don't need anymore when I moved to Redsters...haha that ski gear game is a funny thing.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This happened in January. Not airline damage this time. Went to wax one day and ... "um, this was not here last time I tuned." Don't know how I did it. :huh:

PXL_20230519_224317812.MP-01.jpeg
PXL_20230519_224357636.MP-01.jpeg

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I'm looking at the SR95 for next year but I'm not sure about the length. I have an old SR88 in a 186 that I love and was thinking the 184 would be close enough. If the 182 skis like a 180 is seems too short and even if the 188 skis like a 186 I really don't want to go longer. Now what?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tony, That totally sucks, no advice for a repair, you treat your equipment very well and now you are two down. not fair

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Tony, That totally sucks, no advice for a repair, you treat your equipment very well and now you are two down. not fair
The glass is actually half full vs half empty. You now have a wonderful reason to update your quiver, and you have the foundation for a truly world class shotski

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This happened in January. Not airline damage this time. Went to wax one day and ... "um, this was not here last time I tuned." Don't know how I did it. :huh:

View attachment 204012 View attachment 204013
Tony S. is a skier from Maine.
On this forum, he's known to complain.
But, his Stockli got bent,
Then his Blossom a dent.
Who can blame him for his sad refrain?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Tony S. is a skier from Maine.
On this forum, he's known to complain.
But, his Stockli got bent,
Then his Blossom a dent.
Who can blame him for his sad refrain?
My friend, she is no Dorothy Parker.
(The contrast, it couldn't be starker.)
But dear @DebbieSue ,
We love you, we do,
Never mind your forté isn't "snarker."

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Help with a question. If I buy a SR 88 would the bindings be mounted flat or plate? Does anyone have a position on this?

thanks.

Sponsor

Staff online