• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

njred

Putting on skis
Skier
His SOP is leeching off the @SkiEssentials reviews. He doesn’t do reviews but rather-comments the reviews Jeff and Bob do.
He is a tool, yes.
While I disagree with his particular criticism of SR88 of being too heavy but he does make many good points in his videos i.e. Enforcers being mediocre skis, QSTs being underrated, Atomic Mavericks being good skis, and Bent Chets are better than anything else in deep soft powder. I also found his schtick of bashing curate.com to be quite entertaining. BTW has curated.com ever reviewed a pair of Stockli?

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
You need a groomer binding.

Fischer/Tyrolia Race Z16? (https://www.coloradodiscountskis.com/store/2020_Fischer_RC4_Z16X.html)
Marker XCell?

Edit: Not sure if the Fischer requires a plate. But you get the idea.
Eh, I've got those covered by my WRT and my GS. They have the Stockli WRT and SRT bindings respectively. I want the AR to be more on the playful side than the race side. I'll probably either throw the Jesters or STH2 binding on them.

Now that I think about it, I do really like the Jesters...

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
No issues with attack 13’s on my Ar’s
And I’ve put them to the test - unintentionally, a couple times

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
He didn’t like the SR because he thought they were TOO HEAVY? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

If there is anything wrong with the SRs is they are not heavy and stiff enough. Put 200-300 grams more into each ski, make the tips stiffer and they will be PER-FECT.

I watched other “reviews” of this dude-he is totally clueless.
He can send me his SRs, I have some nice and super light Head Kores to send him.

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Why do you think Porsche/Lamborghini/Ferrari/Bentley/Aston Martin started making SUVs?

The Urus is one of the most awful things I've ever had the misfortune of seeing, yet it sells.
1701299904829.jpeg

Lamborghini did make this SUV back in the 80’s and 90’s

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Well, Faction did that with CT 21-stiff tips, heavy, awesome ski that became an instant legend. And then they went back to…how to put it correctly…meh-ness…
But it is easier to understand, Faction have completely different fan base whereas Stockli’s main market should be 30+ or even 40+ people with enough money to afford their honestly outrageous prices.
Or folks like on this site, who love both haha

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I adore my SR88's so much I bought a back up pair, which was a first for me. I find them to be very versatile and a hell of a lot of fun in all but the most extreme conditions like pure ice or 12" or more of powder. I also love my Laser AX but if I was forced to choose only one ski it's the SR88. I have the SR95 as well (both are the 2022 model) but since I got the 88's I haven't used the 95's, even in deeper snow. I even contemplated selling the SR95's but decided I'd rather have them as an option in the quiver even if they don't get used a lot.

I'm not in the market for a new ski this season but am interested in hearing what people think of the Montero AS. @Andy Mink seems to be a fan and if memory serves he hasn't been a Stockli fanboi
I have an older pair of SR88's that are my go-to skis but may need to be replaced soon so I've been looking at 95's this time. What are your thoughts about the 95's being better in crud & spring slush vs the 88's?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an older pair of SR88's that are my go-to skis but may need to be replaced soon so I've been looking at 95's this time. What are your thoughts about the 95's being better in crud & spring slush vs the 88's?

I found both of them to track well in crud without a ton of tip movement. I never felt like the tips had a mind of their own. They’re not crud-busters like my MX88’s but I’ve never felt the need to slow down on my SR88’s or 95’s, either. I haven’t skied either of them in spring slush so I’m sorry to say I can’t comment.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister

I was at Okemo in Vermont last spring on my SR88's in pretty slushy spring snow. I was getting face shots from the stuff flying around.

I haven't found any sort of snow condition that knocks an SR88 or SR95 off of its course.

The answer to this question depends on how much "float" you want, or expect to get, coupled with how you want to ski. The narrower your ski, the more it's going to sink to the bottom and you'll be riding on whatever is underneath.

The aforementioned Okemo spring day still had a somewhat firm base underneath the glop, so you could just drop a hip and power through anything on a relatively narrow ski (which is generally my preference). If your carving skills are still under development though, sinking to the bottom is a recipe for frustration, face plants, and injured knees.

I've been in Spring days in the Vail back bowls where looking for something "firm" would involve digging to the bedrock and you'd really want to be on something wide, regardless of your "tip it and rip it" skill set.

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
I'd take an LM002 any day over a Urus. That's a vehicle actually made for a real purpose.

That's the SUV equivalent of @Tony Storaro's crud-destroying Stormrider TS.
The LM002 is an interesting truck, but not that great to drive. (My father had the opportunity to drive one.) It‘s an Italian Humvee with limited space and terrible visibility.

Have you driven the Urus? The styling may not be your cup of tea, but it’s an amazing vehicle. Wildly comfortable and quick.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
My SR88s are 90+% of a OSQ (to drive this thread back on-track)

Sponsor

Staff online