• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just curious, @Juanito ....are you female? Or a male liking the softer SRMotion and SR97. (I figured your screen name referred to a male, since it’s “Juanito“ and not “Juanita” but I digress).

I used to own the SR83. It was a delightful ski with the same construction as the 97. It was very versatile, but didn’t hold quite the edge as the AX does ( I didn’t own the AX at that point). I sold it to someone on this forum, but I kinda wish I hadn’t....I’m going to be skiing tele about 50% of my time next year, and that ski would’ve been a GREAT tele ski. Oh well.
I've been secretly dating a pair of the SR 85 Motions from 2020. Unspeakably awesome in soft snow and bumps. Jury still out on hard snow / edge-locked turns. Messing with the tune. We'll see.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been secretly dating a pair of the SR 85 Motions from 2020. Unspeakably awesome in soft snow and bumps. Jury still out on hard snow / edge-locked turns. Messing with the tune. We'll see.
I suspect those skis are very similar to the SR83’s I had. Awesome in bumps and softer snow, but not super grippy in really hard snow. I didn’t play around with the tune, though. I miss those skis. I am mounting a pair of existing skis with tele bindings for next year; those SR83’s would’ve been PERFECT for that! They were billed as a touring ski, so were a bit lighter and didn’t have quite the baby sealskin smoothness of the other Stocklis. Still, awesome ski that I sold to a fellow SkiTalker here.

Last edited:

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
My Edge 88's are wonderful in soft snow, and not too bad on hard snow.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier

Juanito

Putting on skis
Skier

My exact experience with the SR85 Motions. Their lightness and flexibility make them great in soft snow and bumps. Not really chattery on hard snow, but not as solid/grippy as their more stout Stockli cousins.

I don’t think it’s the tune. At the beginning of the season, a local ski shop tuned my SR85s. Unbeknownst to me, they neglected to bevel the base edges. To say the skis “hooked” would be an understatement. Took the skis to another shop and the problem was solved.

Ski Jedi

Booting up
Manufacturer
Thank you Lindsey!! Never expected to get such a good answer for anything on the internet, ha!

Question: are there any changes for the CX in 21/22? Also, can we make orders through you? (No dealer within 4 hours of me sells the CX [San Francisco, CA])
Helm of San Jose will have them next season. Or you can special order from Cal Ski Co late summer / early fall...

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
No, no secrets from people actually on the hill. Just been holding back from the Stöckli nut jobs here. :ogbiggrin:
We resemble that remark.

That said, I had thought of getting Motion 85 or Nela for myself.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
David, my 2017 Laser AX are the most versatile skis I've been on. Equally excellent on frozen corduroy* or scraped off porcelain, soft pack, slush, crud, and up to about 4" of fresh. Very good vibration damping. My bad knee tells me to avoid bumps, but when I end up in them the skis easily do everything I ask of them. I'm sure other skis do some things better. I'm not sure many skis will do as many things as well. Now...I'm waiting to see if the 2022 AX, after 3 product cycle upgrades, will be noticeably better than my 2017s.

*We need a movement to stop grooming runs in the spring before they've frozen for the night. 3rd shift grooming only!
+1 on that David. I have been skiing my new AXs at Alpental the last two weekends and they were able to handle everything the hill through at them. I will say that when things turned from Corn Snow to Corn Chowder my SR95 performed marginally better, but lets be honest no ski will perform well when the snow is that soft.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just been holding back from the Stöckli nut jobs here. :ogbiggrin:

That hurts.gif

justaute

Graceful Bowling Ball
Skier
+1 on that David. I have been skiing my new AXs at Alpental the last two weekends and they were able to handle everything the hill through at them. I will say that when things turned from Corn Snow to Corn Chowder my SR95 performed marginally better, but lets be honest no ski will perform well when the snow is that soft.

Water ski?

vilu

Booting up
Skier
Does anyone know the new Stöckli Edge FT? It seems to replace Edge 100 but with only 94mm underfoot it is lighter (still not a lightweight for touring skies).

Attachments

• stockli_2022_edge_ft__prop_1000x604.jpg
    stockli_2022_edge_ft__prop_1000x604.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 11

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Does anyone know the new Stöckli Edge FT? It seems to replace Edge 100 but with only 94mm underfoot it is lighter (still not a lightweight for touring skies).

See page 27:

Also:

Sponsor

Staff online