• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yes, the Wardens ARE great. But they are also big and ugly. Fortunately I don't care too much about that since they work well for me.

But you know, the Stockli Nela 80 is all silvery metal and glimmers in the light... putting clunky black hardware on a beautiful ski is a gross error of integrated style and design. LOL:ogbiggrin:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, the Wardens ARE great. But they are also big and ugly. Fortunately I don't care too much about that since they work well for me.

But you know, the Stöckli Nela 80 is all silvery metal and glimmers in the light... putting clunky black hardware on a beautiful ski is a gross error of integrated style and design. LOL:ogbiggrin:
Totally

James

Out There
Instructor
putting clunky black hardware on a beautiful ski is a gross error of integrated style and design.
Yes, Just say no to that. Otherwise you’ll shortly end up like a black and grey clad bro, sucking all the available light up while travelling straight down hunched over clad with a tiny backpack full of weed and power bars.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
But you know, the Stöckli Nela 80 is all silvery metal and glimmers in the light... putting clunky black hardware on a beautiful ski is a gross error of integrated style and design. LOL:ogbiggrin:

Here's what you do: Get a pair of Look Pivots in raw, completely disassemble the bindings down to the aluminum castings, polish the aluminum to a mirror finish, then reassemble and mount. It would be totally steampunk! The brake width is a problem though...

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier

Yes, Just say no to that. Otherwise you’ll shortly end up like a black and grey clad bro, sucking all the available light up while travelling straight down hunched over clad with a tiny backpack full of weed and power bars.
Boo frickin hoo, such a hard life having to ski your hand made Swiss skis with rock solid bindings that do not match your preferred color pallet ... the ways you suffer with your amazing skis knows no end. Perhaps we should start a go-fund me site so you can address this issue before it really scars you .... at least it sounds like @James is self medicating to overcome this calamity. Let's just hope he does not try to cross any borders with his tiny backpack :roflmao:

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
:golfclap::golfclap::duck:Too funny!! Yeah, crazy first world considerations..............glad it's all in jest.

James

Out There
Instructor
They’re not that amazing on the way up if they look like deer turds on a silver spoon.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
Nela 80 winning combination: Look Pivot 12. Ski great, classic, stylish design, not as clunky looking as the Warden, 75mm brake available, reliable. Too lazy to take a picture of the pair that's in our garage.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Nela 80 winning combination: Look Pivot 12. Ski great, classic, stylish design, not as clunky looking as the Warden, 75mm brake available, reliable. Too lazy to take a picture of the pair that's in our garage.
Interesting I have the Warden on my AX and think it looks great, granted it has a special color theme that matches the ski. I also have the Warden on my new SR95 and actually really like how it skied, never thought of it as bulky. Now that said my goto bindings are always a little beefier (Sth16 and Attack 16) so that may color my impression. I will say that as a system binding the Warden feels and performs way way better than the Marker System bindings of years gone by. Gives a really firm stable hold and is very responsive. While some are big Pivot fans, I tried going that route and am not. Anyhow if you do not like the Warden you can always buy the skis flat and mount your preferred setup in the color of your choosing .... even if it is a Pivot :geek:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a black and gray Warden 11 on my Nelas and I think they look fine. I also like how they ski so there's that. The blue Wardens might also look good. Normally I think Stockli pairs with Salomon to get matchy-matchy bindings on their skis, but I think there was a supply issue this year. My husband's AXs came flat, so he mounted them with matching yellow Attack 13s.

I mean, who cares, they should be covered in snow anyway

Attachments

• 546819EF-F461-4BF9-85D6-91A79B53FEF2.jpeg
    546819EF-F461-4BF9-85D6-91A79B53FEF2.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 30

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2771 posts. This thread never dissapoints!
We are trying to start a religion here you know.
“For my tune is right and my bindings are light.”.

“Yea, though I carve through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Stockli art with me; Stockli edges and Stockli bases they comfort me. Stockli preparest an ice field and super hardpack before me in the presence of mine buddies: Stockli waxed my skis with (whatever they use) my cup of red bull runneth over.”

Yes, we will do it. And then we will come hunt for you-the infidels who ski otter ski.
We will mercilessly chase you.

And catch you. One by one.

And make you eat all the tiramisu you can take.

You b**tards!

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid