• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Jeez . . . tough crowd, this Forum. Not only do I have to learn to carve, now I have to up my snark!
Watch out!
No no no. Your snark is excellent. My words were insincere. I was caught up in the moment with hasty limerick badminton and needed a trick shot.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Help with a question. If I buy a SR 88 would the bindings be mounted flat or plate? Does anyone have a position on this?

thanks.
I love my SR88's mounted flat...

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
That's helpful. Only ski that was mounted flat over the last 15 years is my FX94. Left ski was aligned so the ski tracked left. It was too bad, they are great skis.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
No, seriously what is the widest stock plate?

Without custom order, a length of 2"x12" dimensional Lumber from Home Depot.

1684992181825.png

Think through the function of a binding plate. Stack height, leverage, boot clearance, etc...
Contrast that with often claimed advantages (urban myths) of the Look Pivot binding.
Difficult to sort between flotsam and jetsam.

Form follows function.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just pulled the trigger on a sr 88 - 175, Had to get off of the fence. Cost is $770 no bindings. This ski seems to match the type of conditions that I like in the East. We'll see.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just pulled the trigger on a sr 88 - 175, Had to get off of the fence. Cost is $770 no bindings. This ski seems to match the type of conditions that I like in the East. We'll see.
Congrats! Where did you get them for that price?

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Congrats! Mine are a few years older but are my go to skis 80% of the time and could easily be my 1 ski quiver.

Mp29

Putting on skis
Skier
Need link to 2024 catalogue! Anyone have a pdf or link they can share? Thank you!

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Hi All Curious if anyone has skied both the older Stormrider Motion W85 and the newer Nela 96. Thinking of upgrading my wife's sticks or more likely just adding a slightly wider ski to her quiver (which currently consists of one ski lol). If you have skied both skis would love to hear your thoughts.

Sponsor

Staff online