• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
I don't remember Red Creek replacing the entire roof 2 years ago but could be wrong. I believe the issues were with older sections.
That's the new section of the lodge they build two years ago. At least that's what they were working on when I walked by two weekends ago

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
That's the new section of the lodge they build two years ago. At least that's what they were working on when I walked by two weekends ago
When I checked it out Sunday it looked like they are replacing the entire thing. I stopped by the Mountain Owl on the way out. They marked up the field there for a parking lot last spring. I'm assuming they'll work on that in the next few weeks. Lady behind the counter didnt know.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
When I checked it out Sunday it looked like they are replacing the entire thing. I stopped by the Mountain Owl on the way out. They marked up the field there for a parking lot last spring. I'm assuming they'll work on that in the next few weeks. Lady behind the counter didnt know.
I've heard the same, one of the issues I was told is the gas line that runs through part of the lot. So, it might be a little odd layout. Still, on the big weekends they need the additional parking.

Did you see the new surface lift in the terrain park? Not that I would use it, but I have a couple 20 somethings that will.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
Any idea when power will be restored?
Mon Power is saying 6pm, but they said 11pm yesterday. They are stringing temporary power to the entire mountain. Telephone poles up Idleman over to freeland roads power station. Basically from Freeland all the way to and including Old Timberline out of power. Mon Power cannot find the problem. So, they are putting a temporary solution in place to get the power turned on. Boil water alert in place also because they cant pump water.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
Power came back on a little after 6pm. John I had someone do the same and check my refrigerator. I'm not up there, I follow my nest, ring and personal weather station to see if I have power. Also, friends keeping me posted. Sounds like this is temporary, but the temporary could be a while. Might be some old infrastructure they need to replace.

In other news Barnwood Builders are on site setting the beams on the spa. I can argue that is sorta ski related, since we have all discussed a massage after a long day on the slopes.;)

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
All, I just received an update. Power went out again and is now back on. This might be the case for the next several days.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We used to have lots of power outage in VT.

Every time we leave for NYC, we would put a quarter on top of a frozen mug of water in the freezer. Position of the quarter in the mug tell us the condition of the food in the freezer.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Looking at the forecast, they are just getting us excited. Not much in the way of freezing temps after tomorrow.
It's evolving...latest run of the GFS looked better...I'm feeling a steady run of cold shots coming down the line with some shaving north but it's still looking much better than the El Nino Winter we have had forecasted...just gotta time a good cold shot coming in with at least a week of snowmaking before Thanksgiving which comes a little early this year.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Live from the Valley...nuther snow and its still early Nov...probably good that we don't have a cold Nov as a whole since that never ends well for a good winter..

Attachments

• 1699633913764.png
    1699633913764.png
    697.4 KB · Views: 13

Sponsor

Staff online