• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
This is all very exciting but unfortunately, the long term forecast does not look good for a Thanksgiving opening. I hope I am proved wrong.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
This is all very exciting but unfortunately, the long term forecast does not look good for a Thanksgiving opening. I hope I am proved wrong.
I have felt that way for a week now but the last few runs of the GFS woke me up...especially the one I woke up to this Morn! Tgive snow.png gfs_T850_eus_46.png

Last edited:

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
I’ll take Fish. Fingers crossed.
Well..it's at least better than what we have been seeing...I won't be there on TGiving anyway but always root Canaan on..
.....posted all those pics on Twitter and got good responses...I like to send stuff to the TV Mets in hopes that they mention CV....

Dos-Equis

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yeah the models have trended warmer since I posted. I’m pretty bummed, I was hoping to get one day in before law school finals turn me into a hermit for 3 weeks.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Happy Thanksgiving T-liners. Sorry we won’t be seeing each other on the slopes this weekend, but next week’s temperature drop should “hopefully” allow them to open on the 1st. If we end up getting this cold weather, it will be interesting to see what the turbocharged snowmaking system can get done between Sunday night and the 1st. THINK COLD, MAKE SNOW.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Happy Thanksgiving T-liners. Sorry we won’t be seeing each other on the slopes this weekend, but next week’s temperature drop should “hopefully” allow them to open on the 1st. If we end up getting this cold weather, it will be interesting to see what the turbocharged snowmaking system can get done between Sunday night and the 1st. THINK COLD, MAKE SNOW.
Snowing up there now per the CV Cams...Snow guns should go off later tonight I would guess..

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Snowshoe and even Canaan making Snow..TL..no show..I mean no Snow....
....Guess TL feels confident that their fire power is enough for a delayed start..

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
TM didn't make snow yesterday because the wind was coming out of the East and they are set up for a west wind....
....the wind was out of the NW until just after midnite and it did lightly flow from the East the rest of the night with low dewpoints and temps from 20 to in the teens higher up...sooooo..our state of the art upgraded Snowmaking system will only work with a west wind and cannot overcome a light 2/4 Mph breeze from the East because they don't want to risk the snow blowing into the woods...
...WTS they are confident that they will get their perfect conditions soon and will drop some serious tonnage!!!

Sponsor

Staff online