• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Ogasaka Discussion

TS
T

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yesterday at Whistler, my friends at Canadian Sports Business Academy got me set up with a new pair of Ogasakas: Keo's KS-XX!

IMG_2667.jpeg IMG_2668.jpeg

On the hill, if you closed your eyes and ignored the rain, it felt like spring skiing. Riding previous season's TC-SUs.

IMG_2663.jpeg IMG_2662.jpeg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
premium bases, supple feel even when stiff flexed, well balanced flex to sidecut - you'd like the brand ... but only in the tech and race offerings.

The easyturns are... meh.

They seem to have crazy number of models these guys:

Which are the good ones you say? TC and Race?

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@tomahawkins, I've looked at the 23-24 catalog you posted upstream. TC-SU is your ski. TC means tech comp- S ='s short turn. What's the U and now they have B? Any insight? Also, what's the KEOS models ?

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
A day and a half on the Ogasak TC-MT. Yesterday was 3-4" of medium density wind affected snow. I was out late so I didn't experience it in untracked snow, but it was great in the crud. What I really noticed was that it provided a lot of feedback on your position on the ski, although that may have more to do with the conditions than the ski itself. There were piles of dense snow, and my foot position was too far forward at the apex into late shaping of the turn; the tip would be deflected and the ski torqued. It was pretty simple to figure out that my foot needed to travel forward quicker in the turn. The ski was damp and powerful with a good grip on the much firmer man made snow that's been scraped at points on the mountain. I skied a few runs in soft bumps and it is manageable to adjust the turn shape and radius. I think I'll like this ski and I intend to ski it most everywhere on the mountain -- once the rocks are a bit more covered and the snow is compacted.

TS
T

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@tomahawkins, I've looked at the 23-24 catalog you posted upstream. TC-SU is your ski. TC means tech comp- S ='s short turn. What's the U and now they have B? Any insight? Also, what's the KEOS models ?
Yes, the U is last year's, B is this season. Not sure what the lettering signifies, but it's the same ski with a slight construction change.

The Keo's are technical, all-mountain skis, but their definition of "all-mountain" is somewhat different than here in North America. I've only skied the KS-XX in the line and for only one day so far, but it's very demanding. Mine is 172, 69mm underfoot, an 18m sidecut, with a slightly softer mid section than the TC-SU, but it's still stiffer than all my other skis. Though it is my understanding that the whole Keo line varies quite a bit from model to model.

If you were to choose either the TC-** or the KS-XX, be prepared for possibly a lengthy acquaintance period. At least for me, they are unlike anything I've skied before.

Really looking forward to @Mike King 's commentary on the TC-MT throughout the season.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
O..... M..... G......... !!!!!

I'm in love with my Ogaska TC-MT. What amazing grip. But I can bend it. It is super skiing bumps. Grips firm snow like nothing else in my quiver. Makes me feel like a hero.

This is an amazing ski and I can't wait to get back on it.

Mike

FYI, it's beefy enough that it won't fit in the snowboard ski rack...

Mike

Sponsor

Staff online