• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

eBike The return of Trekchick

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh and Phil ordered some cable ends in different colors to keep on hand so we added a little more subtle bling to Violet Hammer. 4 total on my bike.

8E6D0B65-052D-4A1A-8265-ABCA53B7F94E.JPG

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nice, but my red cable ends are faster than your violets! :ogbiggrin:
Well, red is faster, but deep down I know you're a little jealous.
Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 5.37.30 PM.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't checked back here since I got the firmware and other issues sorted out with this bike.
  • First, it took Fazua a few months to finally come out with the new firmware update, but it worked to connect the apps and the bike remote.
  • Second, they figured out that the issues with the e-caliber drop outs/drags in power was because Trek had the magnet sensor was installed wrong. After the service bulletin came out....Game on!

This bike runs at 55 NM where most of the other e-bikes run at 75 or 85 so I won't get the power that a (example) Bosch gets, but I'm really really happy with this bike now and see myself riding it for a fair bit. The nimbleness far outweighs the NM difference.
4629A88E-EEF5-4CEB-B664-05315331AD9F.JPG

Attachments

• SB_E-CaliberPedal_AssistIssue_July21.pdf
    328.1 KB · Views: 6

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How are you liking the bike long term? I have tried to find one for my wife with no luck. Trek finally gave me their info---their are only 10 size sm bikes available in the entire USA. Eight are in California. No rush , though it is tempting to go get one.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How are you liking the bike long term? I have tried to find one for my wife with no luck. Trek finally gave me their info---their are only 10 size sm bikes available in the entire USA. Eight are in California. No rush , though it is tempting to go get one.
I like it more now than I did a year ago.
The firmware updates and change in magnet position has made all the difference. I really really like this bike.

From what I understand, the new Fazua drive pack is even better. If it didn't cost 500.00 I'd probably get it.

If it didn't cost
IMG_0414.jpeg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From what I understand, the new Fazua drive pack is even better. If it didn't cost 500.00 I'd probably get it.

Surely you have a birthday or some such excuse coming up?!

Like you, I'm liking my Supercaliber -- or analog E-Caliber -- more the more I ride it.

In fact, now that I learned to resist the temptation of setting it up overly-firm -- because it's a race bike! -- I would say I now love it without reservation.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Surely you have a birthday or some such excuse coming up?!

Like you, I'm liking my Supercaliber -- or analog E-Caliber -- more the more I ride it.

In fact, now that I learned to resist the temptation of setting it up overly-firm -- because it's a race bike! -- I would say I now love it without reservation.
When I was comparing it to the bosch power I was unsure about it, but when the realization came that I didn't need more power, because I was doing all the terrain I wanted to and more with the assist this offered I becamse more than happy with it, in fact, I'm pretty thrilled with it.
I am kinda interested in the new drive pack though...we shall see what comes of it. Perhaps I can convince someone to let me test one ;)

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@Lauren, is your santa cruz the nomad or the 5010 ? interested how your liking it long term ?
It’s a Bronson, and I love it. It’s definitely more bike than I need for a lot of the riding I do, but it climbs decently and never fails to put a grin on my face going downhill. I enjoy it most on technical, rocky terrain, and downhill flow trails. It’s a bit cumbersome on long uphill slogs.

Overall, I’m super happy with it. Though I’m starting to entertain the idea of a second, more trail/xc-style bike.

They’ve changed the Bronson to be a mixed wheel bike, so it now has a 29” front and 27.5” rear…reviews seem to be pretty good.

Sponsor

Staff online