• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

eBike The return of Trekchick

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Movie Quotes to Bike Quotes:

Joliet Jake (after @4ster and @AmyPJ said they are now considering eMTBs): We got everyone but @Ron and @Erik Timmerman and we're going after them next.

No worries, when I turn 80 I will gladly buy one. to each their own, the idea of owning one isn't even remotely distant on my radar.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's funny how terrain and available trails can shape the "want" factor for e-bikes.

Previously, I lived minutes from a large, VERY hilly trail network that included mtb and dirt bike trails. The dirt bike trails were also a blast on mtbs, but steep. Since I decided that I've aged out of real dirt bikes, I planned to get a high power e-bike as a sort of replacement.

Fast forward to today: Our new area isn't as crazy hilly as the old one, so I've become much less interested in an e-bike at this point in time.

Instead, I'm waiting on the non-powered version of the bike @Tricia just bought. Light and fast, here we come!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's funny how terrain and available trails can shape the "want" factor for e-bikes.
Very true, If I was back in PA still, I wouldn't even consider one. This comes down to individual goals and why each are out riding. It also circles back to the "cheating". Exactly who am I cheating, you? Me? If the latter, who are you to say how I am cheating myself...exactly what am I cheating myself of? How do you know why I am out our here riding?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Previously, I lived minutes from a large, VERY hilly trail network that included mtb and dirt bike trails. The dirt bike trails were also a blast on mtbs, but steep. Since I decided that I've aged out of real dirt bikes, I planned to get a high power e-bike as a sort of replacement.

Fast forward to today: Our new area isn't as crazy hilly as the old one, so I've become much less interested in an e-bike at this point in time.

Instead, I'm waiting on the non-powered version of the bike @Tricia just bought. Light and fast, here we come!
This is so very true. I wouldn't want one in Moab, for instance. I do love the cooked feeling of my legs after a bigger climbing ride here. I need to remember that it's still early season riding here, hence I'm not riding at my peak. I've only ridden at higher than 5000 feet 3 times so far, which is unusual, but with the new trails in my community, I haven't felt the need to drive up to the resort to ride as often. Saves gas, but my fitness level takes longer to get to it's prime.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@elemmac's stem cap has inspired me to order one, but there are so many options for script on the cap, I'm having a hard time picking one.

These are a few I have it narrowed down to, based on my timid riding style and head games I'm shaking.

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 5.01.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 5.04.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 5.21.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 5.23.46 PM.png

Or I could do something personalized.
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 5.18.31 PM.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@elemmac's stem cap has inspired me to order one, but there are so many options for script on the cap, I'm having a hard time picking one.

These are a few I have it narrowed down to, based on my timid riding style and head games I'm shaking.

View attachment 135734
View attachment 135735

View attachment 135737

View attachment 135738

Or I could do something personalized.
View attachment 135736

I like conquer your inner bitch, but shut up legs could be the most useful advice on the trail, and @Andy Mink 's suggestion for velvet hammer would be pretty awesome too.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are so many to choose from.
This one made me chuckle too.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 2.07.52 PM.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Average speed is 5, with a max of 0? That's quite a trick!
Yeah, that was kind of my point. The Fazua Rider App hasn't really been useful and only shows that I've taken one ride on my bike, so I've been using Strava.
The new Fazua App is great to customize settings for riding, but doesn't have any ride information, just connects to the drive system to customized rider output.
This is the tutorial video, which was a challenge for me because I don't speak German.

On our ride yesterday I had an error code on the computer which made me wonder if the battery was over heating, so I went to the car while Phil went on to ride more. I took the battery and drive system out and found some condensation, which perplexes me :huh:.
I dried it out, popped it back on the bike and went on to ride 7 miles, which was good because I wanted to play with some of the different configurations for the drive system. I think I found the ideal setting .

One of the things that perplexes me for this drive system is that I get a drag, every once in a while, almost as though the drive system drops out. When checking with the Fazua people, they showed me how to configure my riding styel in the drive system settings to optimize the amount of out put I want from the drive for the amount of output I'm giving.
So here's my question. If I bought an e-bike, I want e-assist, so why do I want to have the ability to set it up to give me minimal output??
:doh:

Sponsor

Staff online