• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Seafood Thread

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
ETA.

the Thai curry scallops is our favorite appetizer here. Also some very creative scallop entree. Normally a couple of nightly scallop specials as well as the regular menu. Our favorite restaurant around here

It's been about 100 years since we ate in Soule Domain. It's wonderful.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Robin loves mussels. I love clams. Luckily one of our favorite local restaurants has a mixed shell appetizer with a great white wine, garlic, butter sauce.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
ETA.

the Thai curry scallops is our favorite appetizer here. Also some very creative scallop entree. Normally a couple of nightly scallop specials as well as the regular menu. Our favorite restaurant around here
Nice menu. If I ever get out to that area I will have to try that restaurant, more that one thing I like on that menu. Thanks for sharing.

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Thai curry scallops is our favorite appetizer here. Also some very creative scallop entree. Normally a couple of nightly scallop specials as well as the regular menu. Our favorite restaurant around here
I'm not a fan of curry seafood/fish. The sauce overpowers the seafood/fish's natural taste.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As I write this , my wife is frying up some scallops, just a little garlic and lemon. From PEI, with no preservatives. They taste so much better than the treated ones.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There are many different kinds of curry. Some heavy & spicy. Some light and rich. Some goes well with fish. Some doesn't. Much depends on the preparation and/or restaurant. The curry should compliment the fish rather than overwhelm.

Have to agree that bad restaurants will often use bad/old fish and cover them in curry. Stay away from those joints.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like chicken or lamb in curry

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There are many different kinds of curry. Some heavy & spicy. Some light and rich. Some goes well with fish. Some doesn't. Much depends on the preparation and/or restaurant. The curry should compliment the fish rather than overwhelm.

Have to agree that bad restaurants will often use bad/old fish and cover them in curry. Stay away from those joints.

Exactly. I've had some awesome Thai green curry fish stews with scallops that complimented the delicate scallops as opposed to overwhelming them. The art is in the hands of the chef.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I like chicken or lamb in curry
... but those two starters require very different curries. What KG said applies to everything - the curry must fit the primary.
See egg curry and goat curry.
We could start a whole new thread on "what is a curry?".

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
:doh:

Sponsor

Staff online