• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The second concern

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
A secondary issue came up during the Fall. I spent three nights in the hospital for three separate concerns. I was seeing a Oncologist but that concern is past now. This doctor discovered a dark spot in my Lymph Node - Sarcoidosis. I don't really even know what it is but this condition can be mild or severe. It can manafest in several areas in the body such as: kidney, liver, lungs, heart, eyes and brains - what's left. As more is revealed I will fill you in.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A secondary issue came up during the Fall. I spent three nights in the hospital for three separate concerns. I was seeing a Oncologist but that concern is past now. This doctor discovered a dark spot in my Lymph Node - Sarcoidosis. I don't really even know what it is but this condition can be mild or severe. It can manafest in several areas in the body such as: kidney, liver, lungs, heart, eyes and brains - what's left. As more is revealed I will fill you in.
Okay,
Sarcoidosis is something I know a bit about.

My former husband has it. Diagnosed in 2007.
The doctors he saw for it, primarlily a pulmonologist, said that it is like the unwanted house guest that breeds and multiplies taking up space that your organ(s) need. The granulomata can take hold in any organ of the body it chooses.
It tends to be most fatal if it takes hold in your heart.

My ex had it in his skin (lumps in his skin) and lungs.
He was on steroids for a lengthy period of time to get it in control.
Since I've been divorced 11 years I really don't know how he's doing with it, but he had it under control back then.

Bernie Mac and Reggie White both had Sarcoidosis.

TS
no edge

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Everything points to the lung for me right now. I had a very thorough mri of the heart when they did the work on that. They were worried about my heart having it. Eyes are a big concern also.

At this point my main plan other than what my doctors my have in store... is to ski.

The pacemaker seems to be working and my lung function is better.

Thanks Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Everything points to the lung for me right now. I had a very thorough mri of the heart when they did the work on that. They were worried about my heart having it. Eyes are a big concern also.

At this point my main plan other than what my doctors my have in store... is to ski.

The pacemaker seems to be working and my lung function is better.

Thanks Tricia
When my ex was checked, they were concerned about his eyes as well.
If its brought under control, its very manageable, however the treatment really messes with the metabolism.

Stay strong. If you have any questions I'm happy to chat.

TS
no edge

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
When my ex was checked, they were concerned about his eyes as well.
If its brought under control, its very manageable, however the treatment really messes with the metabolism.

Stay strong. If you have any questions I'm happy to chat.
There is a particular doctor at Albany Med that is "the man" when it comes to Sarcoidosis. My goal is to get hooked up with him. Meanwhile with all of the hospital stuff plus recovery along with Covid and no training - my conditioning is at an all time low.

Thanks Tricia, for sharing your experience with this situation.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid