• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Stevie Strap

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Gaper returning his skis to the rental shop.
View attachment 150362
I know what a "gaper" is... It was "gapper" that confused me..

Reminds me.. Today a massive snowball fight broke out in the lift line with severe collateral damage.. I said.. "gosh, I had no ide it was gaper day"... Then said.. "Oh wait.. EVERY day is gaper day when I'm present"..

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
I know what a "gaper" is... It was "gapper" that confused me..

Reminds me.. Today a massive snowball fight broke out in the lift line with severe collateral damage.. I said.. "gosh, I had no ide it was gaper day"... Then said.. "Oh wait.. EVERY day is gaper day when I'm present"..
I know that you know. :ogbiggrin: :duck:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The first ski date I had with my wife included patiently and lovingly explaining that "this is how skis are carried -- we do not carry them like groceries".

Turned out that life is easier and happier if I carry the skis and Mrs. K carries the poles. After nearly 40 years, we both "know our lanes"! :ogbiggrin:

A great saying I got from somebody on this forum, perhaps @KingGrump?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The first ski date I had with my wife included patiently and lovingly explaining that "this is how skis are carried -- we do not carry them like groceries".

Turned out that life is easier and happier if I carry the skis and Mrs. K carries the poles. After nearly 40 years, we both "know our lanes"! :ogbiggrin:

A great saying I got from somebody on this forum, perhaps @KingGrump?

Wasn't me. I ain't that smart. I just do what she tells me. Eliminate thinking and subsequent screw ups. :ogbiggrin:

James

Out There
Instructor
I swear within my first 15 minutes of walking in Chamonix I’d seen three people with Texas Suitcases.
It’s not all Glen Plakes and Seth Morrisons.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Ok this is too funny. I was just in Maui and was having dinner at a Sushi place and the waiter started to talk to us about how his wife's father (who also lives in Maui) Steve invented a ski carrier device and brought to market. He went on for a bout 30 minutes around the innovation and break through nature of this product. I kept on thinking how does someone in Hawaii come up with a ski carrier solution. Turns out it was the Stevie strap. What is strange is it looks a lot like a Texas Suitcase to me and I am not a Texas suitcase sort of guy, so clearly not the target audience for this.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok this is too funny. I was just in Maui and was having dinner at a Sushi place and the waiter started to talk to us about how his wife's father (who also lives in Maui) Steve invented a ski carrier device and brought to market. He went on for a bout 30 minutes around the innovation and break through nature of this product. I kept on thinking how does someone in Hawaii come up with a ski carrier solution. Turns out it was the Stevie strap. What is strange is it looks a lot like a Texas Suitcase to me and I am not a Texas suitcase sort of guy, so clearly not the target audience for this.

Quite the coincidence!

Sponsor