• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The sun is setting too soon.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
1630502752736.png

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Cool ish morning this morning here in the big smoke. My son said it feels like March. While that's a bit heavy it did feel a bit fall like.. Sun is setting around 7:45 now. Another year in the books...

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Too soon? What? That means shorter days, which means WINTER, which means the approach of SKIING!
I SKI all year round! :)

Wouldn't it be cool to ski after 4pm with the sun though?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
The sun setting earlier and the wind down of farmers markets are the only things that bum me out. However, everything is a trade off and I get over it pretty quickly when all the other fantastic things begin. The list is long from football to the foliage to apple cider and cider donuts to decorating for Halloween to scary movies in October to hoodies to fire pits and wee haven't even gotten to November and ski season yet.

I do look forward to the time change in march and spring skiing with from 3 to 5 but not enough to wish for September - March to speed by.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I do look forward to the time change in march and spring skiing with from 3 to 5 but not enough to wish for September - March to speed by.

Boy, different strokes, etc.....

I absolutely HATE the now much earlier time change in March, and the attendant delay of perfect spring corn formation by an hour!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
The orchards are just kicking in around here though. Apples & pears, squashes too; that works just fine for a while.
We got word that they are just getting ready to start flying towers on my Speed Bumps new quad chair. That is a fair trade for something that we can't change.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In attempt to avoid the falling hammer, Imma steer this back towards astronomy/celestial calendars; I've always thought the obvious choice, if you must have DST ("you must, you must"), is change on the equinoxes. Otherwise, just eliminate it altogether.

Sponsor