• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ForeverSki

Getting on the lift
Skier
What was the feeling for intermediates? Did they have enough terrain to be interesting?
I‘m barely intermediate at level 5. My ski week instructor took us all over the front and back of the mountain and there were still more trails to explore at the end of six days. Even confined to greens and blues, there is enough variety in terrain and pitch to keep engaged. I was not at all bored.

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great report, the pictures really bring it to life for those of us who have never been there. Nice work!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been level 7 for so long they actually made up a new level just for me - Super 7.
I'll tell you the story when I see you next.
They even named a ski, and a car, after you!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Headed there on Sunday - reading all of the posts and seeing the pictures has really ramped up the anticipation!

Give me a shout if you want to make some turns together.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Will do - as long as you’re feeling like taking it easy that day, that is!

I’ll be doing M-F ski week, so my husband will be skiing hard in the morning and relaxing a bit more in the afternoons.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I’ll be doing M-F ski week, so my husband will be skiing hard in the morning and relaxing a bit more in the afternoons.

I always take it easy. Too old for hard charging. :ogbiggrin:

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Ski with him!!!! You will learn as much as a private lesson. He will not push you beyond your ability and will stay right with you if you feel challenged! @KingGrump and his wife, Mamie, are the nicest people on the planet!

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier

I am doing ski week next M-F too! Let me know what you will be wearing and I will try to find you. Gotta say hi to a fellow Michigander!

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm an intermediate and I thought Taos was great! It has:
  1. interesting, long blue groomers (ex.: Lower Stauffenberg)
  2. blues with moguls (ex.: Lone Star)
  3. relatively short, but still fun, blacks (ex.: Papa Bear, Tell Trees)
  4. several Pugskiers willing to take time off from skiing 2xBDs to ski with me on trails I would otherwise not try (ex.: Hunziker Bowl)

James

Out There
Instructor
To put some perspective around the perception of Taos, I think Taos has more options for intermediates and groomer zooming than Loveland and it's at least equal to A-Basin (if not better).
Plus you could ride in a cat and just take the easy way down. Fun.

1506934D-F96E-4714-9E5D-01847FF7D9DD.jpeg

JimL

Putting on skis
Skier
What was the feeling for intermediates? Did they have enough terrain to be interesting?

I'm intermediate to advanced intermediate, and I was happy there. They have some good groomer terrain for cruising and short to medium length blue to easy black bump sections. Not a lot of beginner terrain, and some of the blue runs have sections that would be considered black at other resorts.

Sponsor

Staff online