• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Next Wednesday Thursday Friday our Tahoe menu according to latest tentative forecast is a few feet of cold snow. So after driving home after a couple days bump skiing, am really really looking forward to the next round in the Heavenly Nevada side woods this coming midweek. And for once just might have someone along to pull me out of those tree wells. And once again the 4 hour drive home sucked as I was tired, a bit sore, burned out, and so sleepy eyed I pulled over 3 times for short nap sessions.

Last edited:

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
The wildcard is pow skiing under the lights at Hesperus. Only operates 4:00-9:00 on weekdays, so it is awesome to duck out of work and go ski. 50 people is a BUSY night. I guess this is as close as I come to suffering, I took a fall so nasty there a few years back we thought my leg was broken...

Only skied there a couple times - once the day after a decent storm. Still had untracked. Cool little place.

Max Capacity

Putting on skis
Skier
Being only a 2 1/2 drive from the VT house. It's not that bad to drive home Sunday night and come back on Tuesday night or Wednesday AM to be on snow by 9AM. Done that twice in the past 3 weeks.
I have even driven home on Sunday, did laundry, watched the weather, saying the State asked people to stay off the roads on Monday because of all the snow coming...I called the boss told him I wanted two vacation day's and I see him on Wednesday, got back in the car and was back in VT by 9PM.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
I draw the line at a 20 minute chair lineup, but I think I'm getting jaded

Sponsor

Staff online