• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Unofficial Official 2021 Anti-Social Taos Micro Gathering.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, and by the way, everyone who is skiing in all of that snow sucks.

Yeah, we know we suck.
We all aspire to always suck at the highest level.

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wow, no idea there was this much sunshine in Taos. Beautiful spring bumps in Castor this afternoon and Kachina was actually skiing nicer this morning with some nice wind sift on top of soft but set snow.. We didn't bother taking time for photos of Kachina, we just skied there. Mamie took the camera to get some photos on Castor. Bruce might have looked better but I took the camera to video and it was just of snow, i missed him. Found a couple photos of him doing his usual relaxed there's no hill here cruise down Castor though.

The Grumps asking if I'm gonna ski or just out to take photos.
DSCF2100.JPG

Skiing the nice spring bumps.

DSCF2111_1.JPG

DSCF2112_1.JPG

DSCF2113.JPG

DSCF2114.JPG

Bruce chillin on the way down Castor.

DSCF2117.JPG

DSCF2118.JPG

Mamie looking great, Her big smile and as stylish as ever, love the jacket.
DSCF2124.JPG
DSCF2125.JPG

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, first time in Taos. I've hit 6 or 7 new resorts this year while I furloughed from Whistler cause I am available to go ski instead of spending November to April at Whistler, it's been fun.
What are the 6 or 7? Have you been taking pics? Can we get a season trip report? :popcorn::ogbiggrin:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, no idea there was this much sunshine in Taos. Beautiful spring bumps in Castor this afternoon and Kachina was actually skiing nicer this morning with some nice wind sift on top of soft but set snow.. We didn't bother taking time for photos of Kachina, we just skied there. Mamie took the camera to get some photos on Castor. Bruce might have looked better but I took the camera to video and it was just of snow, i missed him. Found a couple photos of him doing his usual relaxed there's no hill here cruise down Castor though.

The Grumps asking if I'm gonna ski or just out to take photos.

Skiing the nice spring bumps.

View attachment 128811
Pollux is steep, folks.
Added a little more rotation, instructor girl:

DSCF2113-02.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I thought that looked like West Basin.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Castor does not run into West Basin.

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
What are the 6 or 7? Have you been taking pics? Can we get a season trip report? :popcorn::ogbiggrin:
Sure I'll see what I have when I get home from this one. It was Squaw, Alpine, Killington, Heavenly, Stratton, Taos, Snowshoe. They aren't all large but I seriously had not time or chance to go to any of them before this year while they were open. I'm going to maybe hit one or two more before the end of the year. Maybe Kirkland or Northstar, I've never gone to, or even possibly Mammoth. Undecided, depends on time, schedule and money. I also skied the North Carolina hills I hadn't been to in full season in years.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Castor does not run into West Basin.

I was going on Tony S's mention of it below. Looks like Pollux is an option from that ridge. That's some of the gnarliest terrain I've skied. Big cornice drop in required at the top the day I was there. Looks a lot like that farther down. Looking at the map looks skier's right of lift 2 with the West Basin running right there down the other side of that chair. It's all pretty steep there.

Pollux is steep, folks.
Added a little more rotation, instructor girl:

Last edited:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a view of Castor from a little farther back, it is steep:
1330693380_pic5.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online