• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Unofficial Official 2021 Anti-Social Taos Micro Gathering.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a view of Castor from a little farther back, it is steep:
1330693380_pic5.jpg

You gotta to give gravity some room to work. :ogbiggrin:

Last edited:

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
Silly @Old boot thought he should sit home and watch the thread instead. New job he didn't want to take time off quite yet. He should have come until Sunday.

So today was a kick the chicken heads off the top of bumps day but I did find what I thought was pretty decent snow (comparatively) on Jean Glade. No chicken heads, kind of the consolidated Styrofoam type snow. We didn't really stop to take photos today, one shot to say we were there, oh and one of Bruce on the last run.
DSCF2128.JPG

DSCF2152.JPG

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Silly @Old boot thought he should sit home and watch the thread instead. New job he didn't want to take time off quite yet. He should have come until Sunday.

So today was a kick the chicken heads off the top of bumps day but I did find what I thought was pretty decent snow (comparatively) on Jean Glade. No chicken heads, kind of the consolidated Styrofoam type snow. We didn't really stop to take photos today, one shot to say we were there, oh and one of Bruce on the last run.
View attachment 128881

View attachment 128882
What a beautiful day!

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yesterday was @Lady_Salina last day at Taos. Spent the day running with few regulars. Had about 3" fresh. Was a good day.

Yesterday's afternoon crew.

1616557562566.png

The snow wasn't as loud today with the new 6" overnight. It was pretty good in the trees. No pics. Too busy skiing with few regulars and couple of instructors.

Looks like we are getting 10"+ overnight. Already have 8" on the deck. Looks like the 116 will be the ski du jour tomorrow. :ogbiggrin:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug and I keep saying we need to hit Taos. I guess we'll be one year older when we do.

Looks like a blast!

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Gonna be good.
Taos is usually conservative on their calls.
Still coming down.

1616594627652.png
So what which pair will you be skiing?
Or is the question which year of Kendos?

I skied the 6" yesterday and the 3" the days before on my Atomic FIS SL. I think I'll take my trusty Volkl One out today.

James

Out There
Instructor
Gonna be good.
Taos is usually conservative on their calls.
Still coming down.

View attachment 129172

I skied the 6" yesterday and the 3" the days before on my Atomic FIS SL. I think I'll take my trusty Völkl One out today.
157 or 165?
I was in the shop last week and saw the Volkl 157 still sitting there. I told the owner if it was still there and on spring sale I might have to buy it. “You don’t want that...”
He couldn’t believe that someone not tiny would ski that, and at Taos no less.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
157 or 165?
I was in the shop last week and saw the Völkl 157 still sitting there. I told the owner if it was still there and on spring sale I might have to buy it. “You don’t want that...”
He couldn’t believe that someone not tiny would ski that, and at Taos no less.
James, just buy it. I'll ski it.

James

Out There
Instructor
James, just buy it. I'll ski it.
I think it’s gone. Which might have saved me from myself. Got a shell 55% off.
Plenty of Fischers though. Really nice, but the yellow base is the coup de grace after being wounded by the hole. Even considering a Blizzie Firebird Fis despite the thin edge. Such a good spring ski.

7AD5F3BC-E4D1-4DFA-91A1-714AEF6F9DCB.jpeg
@KingGrump, nice blue pants.
Dude, your boots are unbuckled...
What did Jean, rip, or Alain say about that? You’re slow?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online