• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The upcoming new Howell binding: anyone seen any versions in the flesh yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
To Brian Finch,

Howell SkiBindings are not KneeBinding ski-bindings.

Howell SkiBindings will be 1st-seen and 1st-shipped in October of 2022.

Rick Howell and/or Howell SkiBindings has never been involved in any formal or informal on-snow demo of any ski-bindings as you suggest: you are mixing-up the two companies. All testing of Howell SkiBindings is done in-private; closed to everyone; and all of this private testing has never been cancelled in any way.

Please do not mix-up these 2 brands / companies / people.

There is no such thing as "Knee/Howell".

STOP creating misrepresentations.

Rick Howell and/or Howell SkiBindings has never been involved in ANY claims EVER about the frequency of knee injuries with any specific brand of bindings, ever. All skiing-ACL research that is presented and/or published by Rick Howell and/or Howell SkiBindings is biomechanical, not epidemiological.

As for skiing ACL safety research presentations and skiing ACL abstract publications — I was never invited to attend, nor was I ever aware of any ski injury round table in NE and/or in Waitsfield. The absence of an invitation was an error.

As the Howell SkiBindings website clearly outlines in great detail — I have been a significant, selected, peer-reviewed pro bono presenter at many top-level, international skiing safety, orthopedics, medical, engineering and biomechanics related conferences around the world for decades, including at many major international conferences during the past 20 years. My peer-reviewed and approved abstracts at all of these high-level conferences have been published. This past year alone (2019) I was selected to present my skiing-ACL research at the International Conference on Skiing Science (ICSS) in Voukatti, Finland and at the International Society for Skiing Safety Conference (ISSS) in Squaw Valley, California. In the previous years, I have presented several times at the International Olympics Conference (IOC) on Prevention of Sports Injury; at the European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA) and at the Society International for Snowsports Medicine (SITEMSH). This coming April and May, I'm once again selected to present at 2 major international ACL-research medical conferences. My research is good, pure and beneficial to public safety and to all skiers, worldwide.

No one has ever disputed any of my research, ever.

Anyone who attempts to cast doubt on these well documented facts is clearly an adverse competitor and the game must stop.

Why otherwise would anyone try to stop, harm, disparage or discredit my work to commercialize my Howell SkiBindings that avert skiing ACL-injury — other than a competitor or other than being aligned-with a competitor who is legally-blocked from doing so by my patents?

(( My patents are necessary. They provide me and my company, Howell SkiBindings, with a government-sanctioned legal-monopoly to allow me to unimpededly recoup my decades of investments to develop this injury-mitigating technology that is good and beautiful for our fantastic activity of skiing. ))

Howell SkiBindings are still beta: please stop attempting to harm me and my still-beta bindings with misrepresentations.

@Rick Howell,
You were part of the ‘team’ when all I speak of occurred. Sorry to hear of your challenges in court, yet if you can’t handle some interwebz callout of your revisionist history, perhaps you shouldn’t come to the Web & certainly have no place marketing a binding with no evidence that it does what you claim. No one is your enemy.

Best & Happy New Year,

Brian

Rick Howell

Booting up
Manufacturer
Pass Pulled
Brian Finch,

I have plenty of validation re my new Howell SkiBindings. See the data in my website; and I did not start this thread. Further, I have every right to seek pre-orders for my still-beta Howell SkiBindings.

As for a previous "team": I'm the founder of that company and I remain a 34% shareholder, today. While I was there — only one other person aside from me was ever invited and allowed to ski on the binding: he was/is the Director of R&D at a major Austrian binding company, a former member of the Austrian B-Team, and a Dipl-Engineer. There were never any demo days, formally or informally, while I was there. No other employees even had skied on the binding while I was there.

STOP attempting to create a narrative that is clearly adverse and negative — based on nothing.

There is no revision of history. It's all there in the 10-years of litigation — and it is not the narrative that you are attempting to create.

I do not have "challenges in court": the court situation was concocted by the parties on the other side in order to gag me from blowing the whistle on the safety-defecive bindings.

Meanwhile, how dare you suggest that I should do this or that with respect to my work and my still beta bindings. I have asked Phil to take-down this false-narrative — and remain confident that he will.

James

Out There
Instructor
Brian Finch,

I have plenty of validation re my new Howell SkiBindings. See the data in my website; and I did not start this thread. Further, I have every right to seek pre-orders for my still-beta Howell SkiBindings.

As for a previous "team": I'm the founder of that company and I remain a 34% shareholder, today. While I was there — only one other person aside from me was ever invited and allowed to ski on the binding: he was/is the Director of R&D at a major Austrian binding company, a former member of the Austrian B-Team, and a Dipl-Engineer. There were never any demo days, formally or informally, while I was there. No other employees even had skied on the binding while I was there.

STOP attempting to create a narrative that is clearly adverse and negative — based on nothing.

There is no revision of history. It's all there in the 10-years of litigation — and it is not the narrative that you are attempting to create.

I do not have "challenges in court": the court situation was concocted by the parties on the other side in order to gag me from blowing the whistle on the safety-defecive bindings.

Meanwhile, how dare you suggest that I should do this or that with respect to my work and my still beta bindings. I have asked Phil to take-down this false-narrative — and remain confident that he will.
Rick, how about you just explain the aspects of your binding that would make people want it. What’s the new thing that differentiates from most bindings and had you spend so much time developing it? Start simple though. Like the retention issue.
Last thing you need is another argument.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
how dare you suggest that I should do this or that with respect to my work and my still beta bindings. I have asked Phil to take-down this false-narrative — and remain confident that he will.

Rick, your past behaviors are the best indicators of your future actions. This is all that I am stating.

I had a demo scheduled at Stowe & then cancelled last minute.

People have blown their ACLs on your binding.

You never attended the Ski Injury round table.

I am challenging the factual events of the past & not attacking you personally-I can understand why you would want Phil to take this thread down. However, this is an Internet forum & not the Rick Howell website & I have been in full compliance with all policies.

Again Best,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online