• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The women of the Olympic Cross-country team

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
They came up out of nowhere like the 1980 US Mens Hockey Team. But, they're hanging around and still kicking ass! This is fantastic!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
They came up out of nowhere like the 1980 US Mens Hockey Team. But, they're hanging around and still kicking ass! This is fantastic!
Not according to the people we've talked to with the USSS.
You can hear part of the story here.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There are some highlights available on NBC Sports Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/NBCSports/videos. They are pretty short, but perhaps better than nothing.
Meh. :) Skiing Vinnie's youtube was good until two years ago. Last year was poor because it couldn't find links to english speaking commentators. This year it is down and the links from the ixcski.weebly site have trickled down to nothing. Pretty sure Peacock is showing races, but I think only live and I'm not getting up that early.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Jeesie D was superb this tour. Watched most races. That climb is 400 meters vert, like a men’s GS on the WC. Only it’s the ”wrong” direction. I guess it depends... on where you’re coming from ;)

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Jeesie D was superb this tour. Watched most races. That climb is 400 meters vert, like a men’s GS on the WC. Only it’s the ”wrong” direction. I guess it depends... on where you’re coming from ;)
Good tactics in that race from her made it a fun watch, that's for sure.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I couldn't believe the way the Swedish woman who won the stage was consistently doing clean, rhythmic V2 up the slope.

Said the guy who sat on his butt all day in meetings and is now eating Ben and Jerry's.
The scary part is that if Johaug had been there she’d have taken a minute or two out of everyone at least.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
One of my friends was skinning up Perry Merrill in Stowe last year when a squad of XC skaters went flying past her, Considering our proximity to Craftsbury I'd say there's a pretty good chance at least one of them was in that race.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Too bad Frida Karlsson injured herself. I would have loved to see her in that climb.

This her duell with Johaug end of last season in the 30K at Holmenkollen (last 20 mts). Ebba and Frida hunts her [Terese] down and the final minutes are a a thing of beauty (and beast)

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nordic skiers are amazing athletes! The biathlon skiers are even more impressive in that have to ski like they are being chased, then calm their heartrate down enough to hit the targets. I don't think I could keep up with them for more than 50 meters. :D

My only gripe is with their tuck technique. :P

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
My only gripe is with their tuck technique. :P
There's slight difference being in tuck for 2min (and almost fainting in finish from exhaustion) or using those 20sec tuck to rest at least a bit to go hard into red zone in next 500m of uphill (and repeat that for about 2h which is what it takes to finish 50km race :D
PS: That "rest" should be taken with a bit of consideration, as you can probably imagine how much rest you get on curvy track at 80km/h on 4cm wide skis with no edges, no heel binding and soft plastic and canvas boots :D

Sponsor