• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

There's a 90-100mm sized hole in my heart

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody got a vote on the 2020 Elan Ripstick Black edition in 188 for this throwdown?
No. It's a great ski. I own it (shorter). But not a big guy charger IMHO.

TS
ELDoane

ELDoane

Gravity Fed, Beer Cooled
Skier
Exiled from VT, trying to ski off the Capitol Dome
We’re close to the same size. I’ve skied the 179 and 186 Evolv90 and 100. I bought the 186.
Did you go 90 or 100? Having a hard time deciding. I'm leaning 100, but that's mostly because I fear too much overlap with my C87, even though they will be totally different skis.

Which one felt more damp and chargy? The target ski is the one that feels most stable and planted at speed, but we're talking east coast, boot deep chunk at best. This is the ski I'll haul to the top of Tuckerman's or try to haul ass down an open steep one like Liftline at Stowe.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you go 90 or 100? Having a hard time deciding. I'm leaning 100, but that's mostly because I fear too much overlap with my C87, even though they will be totally different skis.

Which one felt more damp and chargy? The target ski is the one that feels most stable and planted at speed, but we're talking east coast, boot deep chunk at best. This is the ski I'll haul to the top of Tuckerman's or try to haul ass down an open steep one like Liftline at Stowe.
I went with the 90. The 100 is more stable and chargy because of the added width. Kinda sounds like the 100 would suit your needs better.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online