• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

This forum needs a cheese thread

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Picked this up for salads...mmmm...
20210508_175340.jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I liked the the Raclette theme.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I feel the need to participate in this very important thread...

I've been eating this pretty frequently lately:

1620678939563.png

Only 6 months, so pretty mild.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I feel the need to participate in this very important thread...

There's a dairy near Whitetail called Clear Spring Creamery. They do both blue and rind-washed cheeses. Read: spicy AND aromatic even when far less than 6 months old.

Check them out at a farmers market near you (or at the Bethesda co-op where they run a refrigerated stand, assuming it's open):

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There's a dairy near Whitetail called Clear Spring Creamery. They do both blue and rind-washed cheeses. Read: spicy AND aromatic even when far less than 6 months old.

Check them out at a farmers market near you (or at the Bethesda co-op where they run a refrigerated stand, assuming it's open):

The problem is that I'm as picky with cheese as everything else... blue cheeses and rind-washed cheeses, for instance, are generally horrific IMO. (Some friends like to say I don't like anything that has flavor. :roflmao: )

But thanks for the tip - I may have to check them out at the Falls Church farmer's market...

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The problem is that I'm as picky with cheese as everything else... blue cheeses and rind-washed cheeses, for instance, are generally horrific IMO. But thanks for the tip - I may have to check them out at the Falls Church farmer's market...
You're working on so many facets of your skiing that it even extends to après! Go blue!

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

South of the Ithaca - Albany - Brattleboro line, the concept of squeaky freshness is as lost as a ski boot shopper in Florida. :nono::nono::nono:

I can't even tell you how many sad, un-fresh, curd-shaped objects I've been presented with. Even in NYC and Boston where you'd think they'd know better.

Anyway, you seem to be a reasonable candidate to carry on the thread, since I'm operating on two year-old memories at this point.

Last edited:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
We have an artisan cheese company north of town. They are adding anything to cheese. Maple syrup, horseradish, Mediterranean spices, pesto, hot peppers, but I've never seen blueberries. Have to mention that to Keith.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My favorite everyday cheese is Walnut Munster made just down the road from me.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My favorite everyday cheese is Walnut Munster made just down the road from me.
I find the phrase "everyday cheese" pretty funny. One of my friends once said "that's a good everyday hotdog".

I can relate to both these phrases, but I still find them funny. :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online