• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

thoughts: 2022 Stockli Stormrider 102 vs Nordica Enforcer Free 104

freeskier1961

still aspiring
Skier
thoughts: 2022 Stockli Stormrider 102 vs Nordica Enforcer Free 104

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Great question!! So I have not skied either of these skis yet, but I do own the SR88 and SR95 as well as an Enforcer 110 and used to ski an Enforcer 93. My daughter has a Santa Ana 104 Free. So to start with these are all great skis. Personally I have found that the Stormriders have better edge hold than the enforcers. They also have less early rise but softer tips. That said the new SR95 I have yet to ski clearly has a firmer tip and the SR88 is an incredibly precise Ski. My understanding is that the SR102 has the same tip as the new SR95.. The end result is that the SRs are a faster ski and seemed to carve a little better than the Enforcer.

Now that said I always found the Enforcer to be a more accessible ski, but it lacked that top end performance you get from the Stockli. That said I love my Enforcer 110 but only really use it on POW days. Yes it can carve and is fun to ski in bumps and Moguls, but the SR95 is simply more fun and responsive. The SR88 is a different beast altogether and much more of a hard charging front side ski.

Ultimately you cannot go wrong with either ski as they are both great skis. Personally I would lean towards the Stockli, but I clearly have a bias that way too :) Best bet would be to demo them and make your own decision.

VictorP

Booting up
Skier
I have SR95 and Enforcer 104 and I believe the latter is a MUCH more versatile ski. While I love to rail groomers on the SR95, I have much more fun on the Enforcer 104s on bumps, trees, steeps, powder, etc. The difference comes from how much rocker there is on the Enforcer, and how easy it is to release the tails...

So if you are mostly a groomer skier, I would choose SR95; otherwise I would go for E104.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven't been on the SR102, but I also own both the SR95 in 184cm and the Enforcer 104 in 186cm.

I like the SR95. It's a good, versatile ski. I have a bias towards wider skis, and while I have fun on whatever terrain is available for me to ski, I'm usually looking to ski off piste if I can. I pick up the SR95 in most no-new snow conditions. I also own the AX in 175cm and I prefer the SR95 unless conditions are pretty bullet proof.

I LOVE the Enforcer 104. It's such a good ski off piste! I had so many good days on them last year (as well as on the Enforcer 115s when it was deeper). Skiing fast in trees and soft bumps it's a really intuitive ski. It also feels very versatile in that it doesn't demand to be skied in a certain style - if I want to charge through crud or bumps it's up for that, but it's also a sweet ski if I want to ski a slower line and take a different approach to skiing those conditions. It's a decent groomer ski also for something in that waist width (as is the 115).

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
I don't have the SR102, but have owned the 184cm SR95 and 186cm Enforcer 104. As I noted elsewhere, I sold my SR95 after getting the 187cm Augment AM98, as the AM98 exceeded the SR95 in every category I tried. I'll echo VictorP and Wade above when comparing the SR95 to the Enforcer 104, as for me, the Enforcer was much more versatile and confidence inspiring in a wider variety of conditions and terrain. Having said that, I am thinking about getting an Augment AM108 to replace my Enforcer 104....

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Bumping to elicit further opinions/experiences...

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
I own Enforcer 104 Free and I demoed Stockli SR102 2023 this spring in some soft groomers and shopped up powder bumps. Honestly Enforcer 104 free is a good ski and I had some fun powder days on them, but to me SR102 felt more intuitive and easier to turn on groomers with some chopped up powder. SR 102 also felt lighter (in a good way) than Nordica and they were so much fun in bumps with chopped powder and some icy spots. So much so that I am considering selling Nordicas and buying SR 102.

Sponsor