• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Thoughts about Blizzard Brahma 88, Enforcer 104Free, Augment SLpro and Augment AM98: Part TWO

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don't beat yourself up too much over the SLs being difficult on steep slopes. The trick with carving is it's not the answer to every question; after getting your carve where you want it, then you can move on to the un-carve i.e feathering your edges just enough to avoid getting locked in and over-accelerating, finding yourself in the back seat headed for disaster, using judicial skidding to shed speed but still maintain control. In some ways, this is a bigger challenge than "simple" carving.
The Augments do sound sweet; I'm expecting a pair to arrive any day now.

TS
P

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sort of. Technically I ordered from the primary web page, but current inventories being rather spotty these days, my skis were finally sent from a US retailer.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Wondering about the tune on the Enforcer 104 as they should be the opposite of hooky on a twin tip ski on the tail.
Have you checked the base flatness as it’s a common issue to be edge high on many Enforcer skis?
Also check that the areas above the widest taper points on the tip and tail are detuned/smoothed which can be catchy if still sharp.

XSki

Putting on skis
Skier
Do you guys get your Augments direct from the Augment folks?
Nope, the SL from a real shop with a race departement. But beiing in another part of the country ordered through their webshop after discussing over phone and Whatsapp.
The AM98 I ordered through a friends webshop. I hijacked the last pair :). As a Black-Friday deal. Unbelievable but true!

XSki

Putting on skis
Skier
Don't beat yourself up too much over the SLs being difficult on steep slopes. The trick with carving is it's not the answer to every question; after getting your carve where you want it, then you can move on to the un-carve i.e feathering your edges just enough to avoid getting locked in and over-accelerating, finding yourself in the back seat headed for disaster, using judicial skidding to shed speed but still maintain control. In some ways, this is a bigger challenge than "simple" carving.
The Augments do sound sweet; I'm expecting a pair to arrive any day now.
If it doesn't work for me than I goiing to use other techniques. I can quite easily ski down a black slope with these ski's with another technique but not as satisfying (for now). I could carve short turns with the Dobermanns but they are not as much ski, easier to bend. So I'm going to practise and if it doesn't work out the way I want, I want it the way it goes. Carving on terrain I can handle and semi-carving like you suggested on the steeps. thx.

Sponsor

Staff online