• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Thumbnail Reviews: Bomber AM Timberline and B52 90mm

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ah, the mystique. Bomber Skis. Bode's skis. Who are they? What are they? Are they the real deal? (Jumping ahead, yes, they are the real deal.) Bomber is taking this skiing thing seriously. Not only have they brought two great ambassadors and racers into the fold in Bode Miller and Marc Girardelli, but they have taken a put-up or shut-up mentality by becoming an official supplier to the U.S. (and Canadian) ski teams; those are not inexpensive checks to write. Yes, Bomber has real, FIS-legal race skis. As for the skis I tried ...
timberline_brown_2.jpg
AM Timberline
Dimensions: 124-77-110
Radius: Not published
Size tested: 182
Design: Carryover

Indeed, those numbers are familiar; we have seen them on quite a few skis out of Italy. But while these skis might share the same DNA, they actually come from a different factory. The AM Timberline is just a damn good all-mountain ski, timeless. What you are getting for the premium with Bomber is better graphics than most.​
  • Who is it for? Those who appreciate quality and don't mind paying a premium for it.
  • Who is it not for? Those who like to keep a low profile; these will start conversations in the lift line.
  • Insider tip: There are a multitude of graphic options.
B52_savedforweb_1024x1024.png

B-52 90mm

Dimensions: 120-90-110
Radius: Not published
Size tested: 185
Design: Carryover

Wow, this is new. The first thing I thought when I heard about a 90mm variation was the old Boss, but that's not the case. This is a ski I had never skied before, and I must say I liked it. First, full camber! Thank you. A balanced flex pattern! Again, thank you. The B-52 has a longer sidecut than most skis in this segment, but by no means is it a tanker of a ski. It shows that a quality construction and flex are more important than sidecut and dimensions.
  • Who is it for? Chargers, this is your premium one-ski quiver.
  • Who is it not for? Penny pinchers, but this ski will last you a long time.
  • Insider tip: You won't mistake them for anything else in the ski rack ... sorry, ski valet.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
The photos aren't working.
Interesting.
Blossom- Bomber shootout?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Still no photos (at least on Chrome).

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I must say I am not thrilled by the graphics, they do not scream a premium ski to me. Also, getting just good graphics for a significant premium is a weak value proposition. Hopefully, the ski their price. Maybe a test next season?

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI: using the FIS ski radius calculator, the AM Timberline is approximately a 16m sidecut, and the B-52 is approximately a 27m sidecut (or in that neighborhood, at least).

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Is the B52 a SuperBro/Hart Fuellie Boss?? Those dimension are identical and if Blossom is making them that makes sense...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the B52 a SuperBro/Hart Fuellie Boss?? Those dimension are identical and if Blossom is making them that makes sense...
Yes, they are the same dimensions as the 77mm Blossom but no where near the feel. the 91 is not the Boss/SuperBro though..different ski...and the better of these two.

Sponsor

Staff online