• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Perfect corduroy first thing today at TM - got 5 high speed zoomer groomer runs in by 9:45. WL and Thunder were as smooth as can be, with sweet corduroy hum. Then hordes arrived. Left at 10:30 - nice to have a season pass. By that point, 25+ minute lift lines, and growing. Even the quad had a long wait. They are paying their bills today, as expected on a holiday weekend.

OTW is skiing real well, The Drop has a bit of a funky snow surface, due to lots of skidding by sliders.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Perfect corduroy first thing today at TM - got 5 high speed zoomer groomer runs in by 9:45. WL and Thunder were as smooth as can be, with sweet corduroy hum. Then hordes arrived. Left at 10:30 - nice to have a season pass. By that point, 25+ minute lift lines, and growing. Even the quad had a long wait. They are paying their bills today, as expected on a holiday weekend.

OTW is skiing real well, The Drop has a bit of a funky snow surface, due to lots of skidding by sliders.
Noticed they were not showing the lift line on their cam today...even Canaan had a large crowd..long live CV!!!....me...I played Tennis today after what my surgeon said was his most difficult open heart surgery...
...I'm not cleared for skiing till March...Dunno..could ski..could fish...
Hoping for an Epic March... .

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Noticed they were not showing the lift line on their cam today...even Canaan had a large crowd..long live CV!!!....me...I played Tennis today after what my surgeon said was his most difficult open heart surgery...
They were showing the liftline when I looked mid-day... It was pretty long...the cam was moving between views, as it usually does.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Hoping for an Epic March... .
Good news Andy. Fishski what’s your take on the big storm?

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Good news Andy. Fishski what’s your take on the big storm?
I like to quit checking out the weather stuff a day or so before a storm and just watch it...at my last check I figured if we dodged the warm wedge sleet/mix scenerio we could get a nice 14 inch dump (max higher spots) ..that's with the backside upslope stuff...but...
....always hoping for some Bombo Genesis rapid intensification that comes from left field that leaves all the Mets scratching their heads and the Snow plows working 24/7 to clear out the 2 feet that has the Valley Buried!!!!

Last edited:

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pretty crowded today, will head back out this afternoon. With hopefully a dab of fresh snow and less crowds - maybe peeps will leave early to get home before the storm or watch some fubbal.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Pretty crowded today, will head back out this afternoon. With hopefully a dab of fresh snow and less crowds - maybe peeps will leave early to get home before the storm or watch some fubbal.
Cool shots of those clouds...gotta be a name for them...Snowsacummincumulus?...GO BUCCS!!!

RichW

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I'll be in the valley Wednesday through Friday. If anyone is going to be around and wants to make some turns with a passionate but mediocre skier, this is your chance.:ogbiggrin:
I’ll be up Thursday if you want to take a few runs

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Bad day to have to get off the mountain up there...working on a foot of snow but there is nothing on the Roofs....BLIZZARD!!!

AndyGene

Putting on skis
Skier
There are few things that make me happier than seeing that Chip has issued a purple powder alert. I’m super jealous for anyone that can make it up. I hope everyone has a blast today!

scadgrad

Booting up
Skier
Saturday was pretty awesome in spite of the lift lines which averaged 20 minutes at worst, down to 10 minutes while folks were nabbing lunch. Very envious of anyone that's out there this week when you'll have it largely to yourselves I'd bet. I think TL is quickly becoming the area of choice for the NoVA/DC crowd. Most everyone we talked to had driven over for the weekend.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cold, windy, tough visibility but oh so good. Shoveling out this am took longer than expected, so didn’t hit the chair until 9:20. Main lines tracked up by 9:30 - powder hounds out today. Still, first run down OTW did not suck badly. Some major wind drifts in spots.

Hoping for free refills today. I’ll take some pix if I get ambitious.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Cold, windy, tough visibility but oh so good. Shoveling out this am took longer than expected, so didn’t hit the chair until 9:20. Main lines tracked up by 9:30 - powder hounds out today. Still, first run down OTW did not suck badly. Some major wind drifts in spots.

Hoping for free refills today. I’ll take some pix if I get ambitious.
Snow count just went past my 14" predict...14.7 as of 1pm...easy 15+ by now!...(Canaan heights.)