• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
Nothing like looking ahead. What enhancements will Timberline Mountain make before next season?

- Night skiing, I think is going to happen.
- Added fixed snow making on Salamander has been approved per patroller.
- More snow making elsewhere?
- New Terrain?
- Of course the big one, another lift to the top?
- One of my personal enhancements, larger deck off the bar :beercheer:

Evan's Dad

Evan's Dad :)
Skier
This isn't so much a prediction as a wish-list:
  • Clear out the felled trees and brush from the glades.
  • Bring back the fires in the lodge fireplaces (maybe just a maintenance/repair issue?)
  • New lockers (skiing with a little one means bringing stuff)
  • Demo days

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Of course the big one, another lift to the top?
I always wonder how T'line would prioritize this. I only went a few times this winter, on either Friday or Sunday (I always avoid skiing Saturdays anywhere), and I didn't hit any lines that would seem to need/warrant another lift to the top. Are holidays and Saturdays bad enough that it makes sense at this point?

Maybe they need more terrain first, to necessitate a new lift. :ogbiggrin:

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nothing like looking ahead. What enhancements will Timberline Mountain make before next season?

- Night skiing, I think is going to happen.
- Added fixed snow making on Salamander has been approved per patroller.
- More snow making elsewhere?
- New Terrain?
- Of course the big one, another lift to the top?
- One of my personal enhancements, larger deck off the bar :beercheer:
After 30+ years skiing at Perfect North I’d say the improvements for the foreseeable futuere will be snowmaking, snowmaking, and more snowmaking. Getting more terrain open faster and with more snow has to be a priority.

A deck, warming hut, etc up top would be cool especially if combined with night skiing. The question I’d have is can they staff the place for extended hours? I’d think the employee pool in the area is relatively small.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
snowmaking, snowmaking, and more snowmaking. Getting more terrain open faster and with more snow has to be a priority.
The snowguns on the Drop and OTW are older models that need colder temps, right? I would say getting these replaced should be a priority. Having at least one of these runs open before xmas would be great.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
No ski area open in DC area...long drives to the Poconos and even longer to Snowshoe only option...Good Snowy weekend coming to Canaan...uall have made your peace with the season but I bet Timberline Management will not be enjoying their Saturday morning coffee as they should..word...have an awesome spring and Summer everybody..I'm going to Disney World!...

Skimunky

Booting up
Skier
I've been hoping in vain all week that Timberline would announce a surprise opening to celebrate the snow this weekend. Since that isn't happening, I am thinking about a trip to Snowshoe. I read somewhere that they may try to get Cupp Run open.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Skimunky quote...
I've been hoping in vain all week that Timberline would announce a surprise opening to celebrate the snow this weekend. Since that isn't happening, I am thinking about a trip to Snowshoe...

Word...many many others would have hoped for one more weekend...all funneled into Timberline due to the lack of competition...Snowshoe would grab the South..7springs the PA crowd but TL probably getting some of that.....what is the cost of one more weekend vs the gain of a great record..bragging rights..and the spirit of a Ukraine Fighter!!!

Disclaimer:....post made by retired injured reserve skier enjoying happy hour in Florida...

Last edited:

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skimunky quote...
I've been hoping in vain all week that Timberline would announce a surprise opening to celebrate the snow this weekend. Since that isn't happening, I am thinking about a trip to Snowshoe...

Word...many many others would have hoped for one more weekend...all funneled into Timberline due to the lack of competition...Snowshoe would grab the South..7springs the PA crowd but TL probably getting some of that.....what is the cost of one more weekend vs the gain of a great record..bragging rights..and the spirit of a Ukraine Fighter!!!

Disclaimer:....post made by retired injured reserve skier enjoying happy hour in Florida...
Ive skied Timberline in mid April with less than 10 skiers on the mountain. Its a hard call at the end of the season. Im sure theres always second guessing. I would have been there.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Saw 1 poacher at Canaan ski area..summit cam at tL is hard to see with the storm but I thought I might see more poaching..
..White grass says they opened back up for this storm......Snowshoe isn't busy but paying their bills..at 1215pm I saw every lift (boathouse cam).chair filled but the smallest line...Sugar mountain,NC same way but they are in Blue skies...
......people only make plans based on history..if they don't think anything is open after mid March they make other plans or just give up..if there is history of late closings or reopenings then they keep that in mind for future plans....but ..so easy for me to couch coach...anyhoot...Wild n Wonderful on the cams...let's boost this season to 100 inches!!!

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Storm total: 10.4 inches

95.5 inches for the season—still below normal but catching up.

Maybe the mountain will stay open later next season. In the meantime, head to White Grass.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Storm total: 10.4 inches

95.5 inches for the season—still below normal but catching up.

Maybe the mountain will stay open later next season. In the meantime, head to White Grass.
They could easily make it to next weekend ...weather wise I'm speaking...dumping nicely per the Canaan Cam just now...strong sun firing up the moisture as it rides up and over the Alpps....

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Whitegrass is the only ski area in the Valley officially open. Lots of good skiing this weekend.
Next two weekends will be snowy....now back to the regular scheduled programing....Zzzzzzzz...

Sponsor

Staff online