• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
I think the price was $60 something per day but it could have been more. Could have been a senior or military discount?
Just looked at their website. Senior - Over 60 or military can buy a lift tic for $69
Also get $5 off regular price for 2 days and $10 off for 3 days. Don't know if you can stack discounts.
Midweek also discounted from weekend.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just looked at their website. Senior - Over 60 or military can buy a lift tic for $69
Also get $5 off regular price for 2 days and $10 off for 3 days. Don't know if you can stack discounts.
Midweek also discounted from weekend.
I guess for me, being an under 60 weekend skier, the price I listed above would have been the max price.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
This morning they look to have polished up what is left of the snow cover and it looks good...too bad the forecast for yesterday held back business on this last weekend ....Kudos to the TM team timing this end right down to the wire with a very respectable March 26 closing.especially with the record low snowfall and a vicious La Nina SE Ridge.....next year will be mo betta!!

Closing day was pretty good, but no spring bumps. TLM needs to work on that. WL, Sally, and Thunder were open from the top. The entrance to Thunder was a bit thin, but lots of fun once you got to the snow.

After skiing, we hiked Bald Knob. Still patches of natural snow up top.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Given the weather we've had east of the Mississippi and south if I-90 this "winter" it was pretty impressive what they were able to accomplish both at Timberline and at Perfect North. I paid for our 23/24 passes yesterday and hope to get a few more days at TM now that its good at both places.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Given the weather we've had east of the Mississippi and south if I-90 this "winter" it was pretty impressive what they were able to accomplish both at Timberline and at Perfect North. I paid for our 23/24 passes yesterday and hope to get a few more days at TM now that its good at both places.
And then it snowed last night!...all good...Snowshoe looks to easily make it to April 2 but I'm really happy with TM and how they stretched a really sucky pattern season out..TM is gaining fans fast!

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The first time leaving the canyon it was a sunny day and I watched the car that had let us out into traffic get taken out by a boulder.

Once, in the line of traffic snaking down the LCC, I watched a washing-machine-sized boulder tumble down the cliff, cross the road between two cars in front of me and continue off the road and on down toward the creek. Shit! I looked at my wife and said "that would leave a mark!"

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
No idea, but apparently Stuart Winchester of the Storm Skiing Podcast interviewed the Timberline Mountain GM and will be airing the podcast sometime in the next few weeks:

I am hoping some information will come out of that interview—both short and longterm plans.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
No idea, but apparently Stuart Winchester of the Storm Skiing Podcast interviewed the Timberline Mountain GM and will be airing the podcast sometime in the next few weeks:

I am hoping some information will come out of that interview—both short and longterm plans.
For the second time in less than a year? I hope that means there is some big news.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Here's the first podcast. The part about TLM starts at around 1:30 mark.

Two things that struck me as odd is the GM never mentions Whitegrass, even after the narrator brings up backcountry skiing between TLM and CVR. The GM also says that CVR fostered the ski culture in the Valley. Really?
Hopefully, he's visited the Valley since this podcast and has come to the realization that Whitegrass exists and plays a huge part in the ski culture in the Valley.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Cameron wasn't the first interview with the GM from Perfect North? I know they talked a bit about Timberline but it was mainly about PNS. Hopefully this episode will be more Timberline focused.
That's right, I forgot it was Jonathan on the podcast and not Tommy Price. Either way I hope there is some big news to share.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Who is up for some Extreme Camping up in the Sods and then a run down TM...In fresh May Snow??!!.......will be starting this evening... us_model-en_modez_2023043000_240_495_323.png

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Who is up for some Extreme Camping up in the Sods and then a run down TM...In fresh May Snow??!!.......will be starting this evening... View attachment 202247
That's not 2.8 inches of Snow..that's 2.8 inches of liquid that at 10 to one ratio is a massive dump...(28 inches at temps of 27-34 )bet we get at least a foot to stick...

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
That's not 2.8 inches of Snow..that's 2.8 inches of liquid that at 10 to one ratio is a massive dump...(28 inches at temps of 27-34 )bet we get at least a foot to stick...
..it's already freezing at 10pm up at 4800'...the Shoe and Spruce knob....gonna have to have elevation to get any deeper stuff...just interesting to see if the storm can produce this late in the year....

Bananana

Booting up
Skier
Looks like some potentially massive localized snowfall totals (18 inches in some areas by Wednesday AM according to last HRRR run, using Kuchera method for SLR):
1682965280321.png

But feels like the like warm ground temp, wind etc. could prevent big totals sticking on the ground. Here's the estimated snow depth from same model as of same time:
1682965513620.png

Even this is still showing 6-10 inches in much of the valley though, so a foot on top of part of the sods / top of timberline could be possible.

Euro model seems like its saying ~15 inches sticking by end of day Wednesday, while NAM is showing snowfall of over 32 inches, but with only 4-6 inches sticking by late Wednesday. Still probably one of the better snow events of the year no matter the model. Would imagine White Grass will take advantage

Sponsor