• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Very quick trip up there this weekend. I wanted to walk up the mountain to see where they were digging but ran out of time. Hopefully some of the other guys know.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Twister and Almost Heaven certainly could use a bit more snowmaking love, so those trails would be my guess. The base and learning areas could also use more.

How many Polecats were in the pile?

Last edited:

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
Twister and Almost Heaven certainly could use a bit more snowmaking love, so those trails would be my guess. The base and learning areas could also use more.

How many Polecats were in the pile?
I was thinking the same, unless we can think about new trails :cool:

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone know details about the parking going in at the Swiss Owl? Lots of flag markers in the field. I believe it will be gravel at least to begin with. Anyone know the number of spaces?

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
That's way too Park City.... I don't see a lot of residents going here .... In 5 years it will be craft beer and cider and bbq .... :)

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
As a NOVA resident, I go to the Valley to get away from NOVA. This is NOVA'ing the Valley.

I will say, i'd like one nice restaurant. Milo's was trying but changed their menu.

As for 5 years from now it will be craft beer place, I'd take that with a mexican restaurant.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Eh, if they do sports recovery massage it would make total sense. Need some trained soigneurs

Talking of sports recovery, any of you going?

Not my flavor of riding, sadly. And given I'm in training for an epic European road (and some gravel) biking journey in July it would be a distraction. ;)

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
If anyone is up at the mountain this weekend take a hike up to mid-mountain and look around.
I was just looking at the webcams and a full sized cement truck just came down salamander. I'm guessing they are pouring the cement for the new snow guns.
Where are they going?

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Eh, if they do sports recovery massage it would make total sense. Need some trained soigneurs

Talking of sports recovery, any of you going?

Trials is back this year, which is always a lot of fun. The festival before COVID, the trials event was held up on Canaan Heights and they had a huge turn out and everyone got to enjoy free beer and there was even two food trucks. Great time. Good turn out this past year as well.

Unfortunately, I will be missing the festival this year as I will enjoying two nights of music at the Saratoga Springs Performing Arts Center in NY.

Last edited:

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
That's way too Park City.... I don't see a lot of residents going here .... In 5 years it will be craft beer and cider and bbq .... :)
Craft beer and BBQ are right up my alley but you can hold the Park City. Sadly if things keep going this direction it will become just one more place where I can't justify the expense. Its already close given the cost of lodging in the valley during the ski season.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
^have you guys been to the New River Gorge around Bridge Day?

I mention this because even Park City could learn from them about markup during peak visitation.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Just a weather tidbit break....
..Northern Canaan valley temp station had a low of 25.4 this morning...this is the 5th reading below freezing since June 1st.....

Sponsor

Staff online