• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
With all the work still going on, I don’t expect Nov 15skiing at TM.
And the weather... no temps below freezing overnight in the next two weeks - that gets to Nov. 7th. It would take a real cold snap coming through that next week to be able to make any snow.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
And the weather... no temps below freezing overnight in the next two weeks - that gets to Nov. 7th. It would take a real cold snap coming through that next week to be able to make any snow.
The cold air is out there..lurking....trying to find a way to TM...we still have plenty of time b4 Tgiving.....meanwhile Tomorrow’s forecast high of 12° in Cheyenne, WY would obliterate the record 21° set in 1997. The forecast low is 1°, which would break a 147-year-old record of 5° from 1873 and a huge dump of snow will snuff out those fires in Co soon....

Last edited:

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
The only slight change to trails I have noticed so far is when you get off the six pack they cut a path through the woods so you'll be able to immediately turn right to head over to Upper Dew and Twister. Still probably need to move ski patrol shack to make unloading area wider but maybe not until next year

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The only slight change to trails I have noticed so far is when you get off the six pack they cut a path through the woods so you'll be able to immediately turn right to head over to Upper Dew and Twister. Still probably need to move ski patrol shack to make unloading area wider but maybe not until next year

How far down did they cut it? Just through the evergreens or into (what used to be at least) the field?

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
How far down did they cut it? Just through the evergreens or into (what used to be at least) the field?
When you come off the new path, you are looking at the top of Dew Drop straight ahead. I was looking for the small field that was there and the picnic table but didn't see either. It must cut through them.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
must be some change at the top of the quad, at least re-routing, I would think. ??

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
must be some change at the top of the quad, at least re-routing, I would think. ??
Quad is probably 100 feet or so up the mountain (and a bit over towards Winterset) from the old spot. This allows skiers to get anywhere on the lower half of mtn without polling or skating. They definitely took out some trees around the beginning of lower dew to make that happen.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Timberline lodge paint colors 1026-20.jpg Timberline rental door entrance paint colors 102620.jpg

Trying out new paint colors for the Lodge? Maybe looking to match the TM logo colors?
Regrading for the rental shop exit.
Deck being extended around the side of the lodge.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Cant judge exactly how heights up yer at - but possible path of magic carpet?
I suspect it's going to be just to the left of the trench and right if the berm they built in the pic. That leaves large open area for teaching.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
I was talking to a few people Saturday, the magic carpet is supposed to arrive late this week, plus first I have heard a new rope tow for the terrain park.

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow, they’re really going to town on that place. I hope they get the windows and doors in soon.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January