• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
The 6" part I am aware, see White grasses website. I'm just wondering if TM has the new snow making system operational yet?

Pinraiser

Slash spraying rag dolls on "Off the Wall".
Pass Pulled
6"?....no 7", 8", 9", 10"!!! C'mon guys. It was 3-4 inches of snow with wind drifting. Temp forecast have cooled, which is good but not enough to help snowmaking for any extended period. If you're wondering if TM snowmaking is operational, then that probably answers your question right there.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
6"?....no 7", 8", 9", 10"!!! C'mon guys. It was 3-4 inches of snow with wind drifting. Temp forecast have cooled, which is good but not enough to help snowmaking for any extended period. If you're wondering if TM snowmaking is operational, then that probably answers your question right there.
5.7 fell officially at 3700'....over 6"'s at the top..you are on the bottom looking at windswept snow leftovers..
....its news Bud..its hope..its magicaly beautiful...its a start and we dont know how it will finish....

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
No matter how much snow fell, it was nice to hear, feel, and smell the new snow. Life is good!

Bearsden

Booting up
Skier
Wonder how the snow making system renovations are progression. Hopefully the are no missing parts being “in the mail”! We need info and pictures! Wonder how much of the renovated system will be automatically controlled (like Wintergreen).
They were working on the pump house at Spruce Island Lake on Monday. Don't know if all are aware, but TAI shut it down March 2019 due to being flooded with all the pump apparatus totally underwater. Not sure what TM has planned to rectify.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
They were working on the pump house at Spruce Island Lake on Monday. Don't know if all are aware, but TAI shut it down March 2019 due to being flooded with all the pump apparatus totally underwater. Not sure what TM has planned to rectify.
They were looking at that last spring. I'm confident they have it under control.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Meant to post this in the regular MidAtlantic Skiing 20-21 thread..

Last edited:

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wow..lol!..???....Splain please...
If the governors... If a frog had wings LOL... They act like things would or could be handled differently here than CO, NM, VT, CA, WA, MY, everywhere else we can or can't ski.

Pinraiser

Slash spraying rag dolls on "Off the Wall".
Pass Pulled
If the governors... If a frog had wings LOL... They act like things would or could be handled differently here than CO, NM, VT, CA, WA, MY, everywhere else we can or can't ski.
Mike Doble. He's a shill. This is same guy who lambasted folks for speaking out about T4SR. Of course the worst of the articles he published have been removed from the archives.

“Timberline Four Seasons Resort is now closed for the season,” Skisoutheast.com founder and editor Mike Doble wrote on Thursday. “Odds are, it is closed for business period.”

“I don’t think ‘better times ahead’ applies to Timberline,” he wrote.

“I think you can stick a fork in the place as a ski area.”

edit: found it:

Last edited:

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
team - we need to move on. Focus on the important stuff. I wonder if cabins are being booked for the holidays ? that would be a vote of confidence !

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
team - we need to move on. Focus on the important stuff. I wonder if cabins are being booked for the holidays ? that would be a vote of confidence !
Ive had a blockbuster summer/fall rental season for my house up there but after this Thanksgiving I have no bookings.. seems nobody wants to commit until they get some solid guidance...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I can't think of a safer, socially distant way to take a family ski trip then renting one of those slopeside or walk to houses at TL or Blue Knob. It won't be a super cheap multi family packed house, but it's still not stupid expensive for most families here to pull that off for a long weekend.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ive had a blockbuster summer/fall rental season for my house up there but after this Thanksgiving I have no bookings.. seems nobody wants to commit until they get some solid guidance...
Same here except have Christmas and New Years rentals. Hope the rest starts filling in once we open.

The Colonel

Putting on skis
Skier
Mike Doble. He's a shill. This is same guy who lambasted folks for speaking out about T4SR. Of course the worst of the articles he published have been removed from the archives.

“Timberline Four Seasons Resort is now closed for the season,” Skisoutheast.com founder and editor Mike Doble wrote on Thursday. “Odds are, it is closed for business period.”

“I don’t think ‘better times ahead’ applies to Timberline,” he wrote.

“I think you can stick a fork in the place as a ski area.”

edit: found it:

Pinraiser, Quoting an old article about the status of Timberline only serves to confuse new PugSki members looking to learn about the current status of the Perfect Timberline Mountain. This is a site about a rejuvenated Timberline ski area. Your opinion about Ski Southeast and/or it’s personnel is somewhat inappropriate.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
I can't think of a safer, socially distant way to take a family ski trip then renting one of those slopeside or walk to houses at TL or Blue Knob. It won't be a super cheap multi family packed house, but it's still not stupid expensive for most families here to pull that off for a long weekend.

i agree. we had some great trips to cabins in that old-timberline area, nice places, easy roads, snowy woods, etc.... good times.

Sponsor