• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 119048
Off The Wall.
Natural Snow and snowmaking.
A few small grassy twigs sticking up here & there but overall good snow coverage and a great view.
Wow... that many guns along OTW?!? Sweet!

That has me thinking... have TM ever had a regular bump run? Maybe a side of White Lightning? I haven't skied there often enough to know.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
View attachment 119050
Snowmaking on Upper White Lightning around Noon today.
Nice soft snow. No ice.
There was also snowmaking on Upper Dew Drop.
Winterset was closed with major snowmaking in progress.
Tons of snowmaking on Thunderstruck - upper & lower - hoping to see it open up next.
Then they can concentrate on The Drop and Twister. Timberline White Lightning snowmaking 12262020.jpg

knuckledragger

Booting up
Skier
I'm very excited about going to Timberline many times this season. My first experience was great & there has been so much improvement to the mountain with the new lifts & snowmaking. The terrain has always been there. There are plenty of rentals at the mountain & near if you're too far to do the day trip. When the lodge is done it will be nice to experience the upgraded space & services. But, since covid prevents real use of the lodge for the most part, it's not a big deal. They have 70% of the mountain open already & they have been open from the top since day one. Fun times ahead for the valley of Canaan!

Last edited:

PT22

Booting up
Skier
Yeah... you know when I first heard of the new plans with 2 lifts and the runs they would service, I wondered whether they would need another lift to the top... seems to me the line is going to be a bit of a wait even if they are sitting 4-6 souls on board... any other thoughts on this?

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
On Sunday I took a bunch of mid mountain runs on the quad to avoid that line. I hope that they are so successful they need to add another lift to the top.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah... you know when I first heard of the new plans with 2 lifts and the runs they would service, I wondered whether they would need another lift to the top... seems to me the line is going to be a bit of a wait even if they are sitting 4-6 souls on board... any other thoughts on this?
A high-speed 6 can move a lot of people/hour if being fully loaded. I'd be surprised if non-holiday lines get to be enough to warrant another lift to the top.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
Anyone there that can say when Thunderstruck and Almost heaven will be open? Have they started blowing Twister?

HTTR

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thunderstruck should be open tomorrow. They have it groomed and ready to go!

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Timberline snowmaking guns and wands 12292020.png

This is the snowmaking activity we could count this morning, all going on at once!
See the drone photos to follow. (Yes, the drone is officially registered and I have permission to share the photos)

Sponsor

Staff online