• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
When picking up an RFID card for the first time, it is from the same window you would go to in order to buy tickets, right? There is a not a separate line?
There are new ticket windows on the parking lot side of the lodge where you can pick up the RFID card.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just called TLM. I can't remember if this has been mentioned earlier (it may have been), but there is an automated device that can scan the QR code for the RFID purchase and print out the card.

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Quick 3 inches just dumped on the mtn...more to come..awesome MLK weather for those that came!

Reactions: wgo

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tline Friday was more goodness. Weekend crowds briefly appeared and then went in for lunch so my last 4 runs on lightening and wall were awesome. Packed car and left just as the snow was starting.

they were trying to block rightside traffic to the six but they really need good intentions and lower heaven open to make the quad more worthwhile.

It’s a work in progress and they’ve already repaired or replaced everything but the mountain. Well done.

Last edited:

fishnski

Staying at Snowed Inn
Skier
Please correct me if im getting this wrong but I think 3715' and above CV has had 47 days straight of snow cover..and the streak looks to keep on gettin it!....Real mountains...real wild and native spruce and firs...real snow...and finally a real winter!!!...WV Alpps are back...

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
basically, just watch my travels and you can plan for snow on the day I leave a ski area. uggg.
Getting stoked for Monday! You think there will be enough snow to poke around in the trees a bit? I know that Cherry Bowl etc will not have enough.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Getting stoked for Monday! You think there will be enough snow to poke around in the trees a bit? I know that Cherry Bowl etc will not have enough.
Higher is better and there is some deadfall everywhere, as much as I should say here. You'll see.

funny story - I got too much speed on one lap and had to jump a surprise creek ditch, landed flat on the other side and had the most gentle possible fall to my right side. watch out. I'm getting too old for this.

WV RVA Skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
I hope they can blow The Drop. They didn't upgrade the snowmaking on Off The Wall or The Drop. They both have those old wands with no compressed air. They need extremely cold Temps to make good snow. We had some a few weeks back so they blew Off The Wall. We need some more to blow The Drop. I'm sure they will upgrade these in the upcoming off season.
And The Drop.

RickH

Snow Much Fun
Skier
My guess is they will upgrade/add snow making on Twister. Check out social media, check out this forum. Everyone has been asking "when will Twister be open?" If they put money into additional snow making it will be twister. Also, other infrastructure items - Another pond for water!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid